My best Birdy shots....... (Comments required)

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok this is a DAYS NATURE WATCH with GIBBO
this is all I caught in 7 1/2 hours.
Not a thing on the feeders :thumbsdown:

No1 This Ninja BBOB (Bloke) or it could have been BBOB ett (Girly)

BB6159_copy.jpg

No2 This is some grey thing

pid_6166.jpg

At one point there was enough bread crumbs in the garden passing aircraft thought it was snowing :D
Anyway Part II of Gibbos Nature Watch tomorrow :woot:
CC please(y)

:clap: Not bad not bad!

Just one thing though Gibbo, it's best not to put whole peanuts out as the adults take them to the nest and try and feed them to the babies... and, well they can easily choke on them :(

Pretty good gibbo, patience is paying off ;)
It's deffinatley a BBOB, (male Blackbird)
and the grey thing,
a Collared Dove. (y)

Well Done Gibbo, Not bad at all. Bit Cold out this morning- wrap up warm if you trying again this morn.

Ther are indeed birds, and posing nicely for you! Just wait until they tell their friends about the new source of food and you will be mobbed by them.

Look forward to the results of todays garden watch :)

Hello Jo, Hairy, Chickadee & Susie :wave: (y)
Thank for the interest and support with the messages. The new Nature watch is up and running (y) with the first shot of the day ... OH yess already one in the bag, :woot: thats 3 or 4 different types but only caught one.
Post messages on there if you like (please) (y)
If you want to follow my progress (its a bit of a laugh and its live (ish)the times are correct tho.
NOT NATURE WATCH with Gibbo pt II

Link http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=538202#post538202

just to save you looking.... that is IF anyone is :bang:

Try a good mix of food and fairly fine - they won't choke on anything and they tend to grab and run anything large. Bribery does work and finely crumbled or chopped grub keeps them entertained in one spot long enough to focus. Typical pose of the blackbird - checking you out and not easy to get detail in those feathers. our collar doves can arrive mob handed and if not squabbling can clear a food in minutes.

Thankyou Fangman Ive been trying all that and I think now after 2 days the birdies are starting to swarm back into the garden.
Ive just put some food out crunched the larger ones up and Im leaving that alone untill the birdies are happy with the set up. Ive not had anything mob handed yet 2 and at the end of today 3 together.
here is a bit of a fun link I had today have a read if you like its blow by blow....

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=539015#post539015

or NOT NATURE WATCH with Gibbo pt II

Thanx for the tips Im gaining The Knowledge every day (y)

gibbo,

Love the colours in the first one - background and bird contrast well.

I know how difficult it is to get these garden birds with good perch, clear backgrounds, in focus etc etc - keep it up and post some more.

Cheers

Rob

gibbo,

Love the colours in the first one - background and bird contrast well.

I know how difficult it is to get these garden birds with good perch, clear backgrounds, in focus etc etc - keep it up and post some more.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob thanx for the kind comments the link above might make more sence of what has been happening. I managed to day to catch a further 6 birdies some ok some a little better. (y) Its been like a Bill Oddy bird watch...... (y)

You're beginning to get the hang of this bird photography, they will get better as you go along. I wondered how long it would be before Odd Billy was introduced into his thread.

You're beginning to get the hang of this bird photography, they will get better as you go along. I wondered how long it would be before Odd Billy was introduced into his thread.

It was sort of tounge in cheek starting with this thread
My best Birdy shots....... NOT (Comments NOT required)
The shots are that bad comments were not required.

Then the best from that day ended up on this thread
My best Birdy shots....... (Comments required)

But after the fun, comments, emails etc I decided to waste :LOL: another day with this thread, but I ran it more like a live running commentary as I got pickies I`d post them, all in fun with my own names for the birdies (not wanting to class myself as a spotter :D ) under this title
NOT NATURE WATCH with Gibbo pt II

I have set up food etc bit like fishing Ive bated places and at a later date as more birdies (hopefully colourfull ones) will drop in I should get some clear sharp shots (y)

Back