My camera kit.

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
The two main cameras I used a lot were: Nikon D60 DSLR 10.2-megapixel with AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm F3.5 - F5.6 Vibration Reduction zoom lens / Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm F4.5 - F5.6 Vibration Reduction telephoto lens, a Canon EOS 700D DSLR 18-megapixel with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5 - F5.6 IS STM zoom lens / Tokina AT-X M100 Pro D AF 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens.

However, I actually found these cameras to be too heavy to carry around as my photography subjects ranged from close-ups to distant landscapes. Swapping between the two cameras or changing lenses on just one camera was a bit of a nuisance. My go to camera for all my needs now is a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. It's classed as a 'Bridge' camera but has an excellent lens, lots of different setting modes, brilliant zoom range from 25 - 400mm which can be extended to 600mm. Best of all, for me anyway, is that I have greatly reduced the weight I am carrying around and just one camera to concentrate on.

I might add that when I'm not going out on specific photoshoots, I always carry a Canon SX620 HS 21.1-megapixel compact with 4.5 - 112.5mm F3.2 - F9 lens. It is small enough, and light enough, to fit into my bag for those unexpected encounters with ponies or other wildlife on the Forest roads around where I live.

Great stuff. It sounds like you're happy at least with the lighter and more compact kit :D

The world needs more happiness :D

Welcome! It’s not what you’ve got, it’s how you use it, and you have made some very sensible justifications for your needs.

Thank you woof woof (what a lovely name ;)) and Stephen L. I think it's just a case of finding the right balance of kit for your particular needs. So what suits one doesn't suit someone else :) I'm happy with mine (y)

Back