My Daily Walks

Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
I can do this project at a more leisurely pace. I usually at sometime of the day go bird watching, camera on monopod and resting on my shoulder walk along the cliff paths looking out to sea or perhaps just walk around the country lanes looking to see whats about and maybe having a chat with a friend or two.
I often see the most interesting of things and if I can take a photo, the lens is a prime 400mm that is why I use a monopod and not always can a get a good photo if the subject is too close, I usually have a good try though.
Last Sunday whilst watching Gannets I noticed a tug boat Duke of Normandy, also written on the boat was Jersey and having a long lens was able to take a good photo of it even though I was across the bay.
It was something to do with the Lifeboat as they lauched from the tug boat a dingy and took someone to the lifeboat slipway and then returned to the tug, later the tug left and headed into rough seas and I mean rough.
Someone passed me on the path and said it was something to do with Trinity House, not sure if that was true or not. My neighbour is the 2nd coxwain I must remember to ask him.
Jersey.jpg Sail away.jpg

To-day whilst watching my absolute favourite birds, Choughs. I try to not only get the beauty of the birds but the colour of the rings and the numbers and letters, not easy but as I have done should a good job in the past with the rings, the recorder had named the local flock the SAR (shirley ann roulston) flock. So,most days I search for them and found them in a flock of 10 feeding, lovely to watch. Suddenly they all lifted their heads and a roaring came from across the sea, at first I thought coastguard helicopter but two huge planes passed so close and why they were very low no idea. Got photos and of course all Choughs flew off, that was that. Home for a brew.
4 Choughs.jpg 19th October 2016.jpg

Back