My faves from Eastbourne - Belgian F-16 taken from Beachy Head

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
I saved my faves till last! The F-16 was pretty much the reason I went to Eastbourne this year since I'd seen everything else a few times before.

The weather was doing its best to put me off since it was windy as hell and then it rained 20-30 minutes before the F-16 was due on. Luckily, I could see the cloud was small-ish so I just had a lie down on the grass to get out of the wind and I kepy my camera/lens dry since the rain was sideways!

Turns out it was worth it :) The rain clouds had moved on past the display area by now so they were in the background and you can see that in the first shot. They weren't quite that dark but a little artistic license/processing was used here.

The rest of the shots are from the pass by as the F-16 exited the display area so all from one pass really.

The last two are a processing experiment. The shot was up into the sun so colours were pretty bleached anyway. I tried B&W and liked it but later, I also missed the warm of the sun so I decided to do a B&W shot with some warmth added in Lightroom but no other colours. It's essentially imported as a B&W after being saved in PS and then warmed up.

F-16 Flares by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Leaving Airshow by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Climb From The Sea by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Up and Over 4 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Up and Over 3 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Up and Over 2 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Up and Over 4 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

F-16 Up and Over 3 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Very good set (y)

Back