My FE2

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just thought I'd post a couple of shots of my beloved Motor Driven Nikon FE2 . I've been lucky enough to have owned and still have a copy of every higher end film SLR Nikon made from a Nikon F onwards and this is without a doubt the model I have liked using most of all.

D810, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens, 1/250th @ F16, ISO-100, Studio Flash.
Motor Driven Nikon FE2 (1)-802852 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Motor Driven Nikon FE2 (2)-802859 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Last edited:

I had two similar combos with the FM2…

…a walk down Memory Lane that is!

Just thought I'd post a couple of shots of my beloved Motor Driven Nikon FE2 . I've been lucky enough to have owned and still have a copy of every higher end film SLR Nikon made from a Nikon F onwards and this is without a doubt the model I have liked using most of all.

Motor Driven Nikon FE2 (1)-802852 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Motor Driven Nikon FE2 (2)-802859 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.
It is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold. One of the best non F series cameras Nikon ever made.

It is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold. One of the best non F series cameras Nikon ever made.

It sure is Nick, and it's still as good as the day it left the factory. Light seals and mirror box cushions etc have obviously been replaced.(y)

George.

Superb I have just had my F2 completely overhauled by Sover Wong and looking forward to lots more use of it.

Slightly off of subject but this reminded me of my college days.
A few of my fellow students had F1's and Cannon A1's but I couldn't afford them so I was shooting for two years on my Pentax K1000.
Ahh the smell of darkroom chemicals!

Beautiful FE2. It's one of the few Nikons of that series I haven't owned. Might have to put that right one day.

Very nice 'product' pic too. So sharp.

Superb I have just had my F2 completely overhauled by Sover Wong and looking forward to lots more use of it.

Thanks for that Paul, appreciate your comments.(y)

"I've also got a mint condition Nikon F2, and after the FE2 they were probably my next fav' film SLR Nikon".

George.

Slightly off of subject but this reminded me of my college days.
A few of my fellow students had F1's and Cannon A1's but I couldn't afford them so I was shooting for two years on my Pentax K1000.
Ahh the smell of darkroom chemicals!

Nostalgia Andy, although I've never used Canon units one of my buddies had one and it certainly seemed an excellent bit of kit.(y)

George.

Beautiful FE2. It's one of the few Nikons of that series I haven't owned. Might have to put that right one day.

Very nice 'product' pic too. So sharp.

Thanks for that Des, appreciate you droppin' by.(y)

"I see from your profile that you've still got some nice pieces of film kit, some of the MF equipment I also have plus some 5x4 gear".

George.

i used nikkormats Ftn and then EL2's which took AI lenses...but you always got the prong if you bought the top lenses anyway
cheers
geof

Back