My first close Kingfisher shots. Thanks Lea..

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
My first close Kingy shots.

1. Spot the ant.
4061005761_25d11a0bbc_o.jpg

4061747102_9bfe975f4d_o.jpg

4060997219_b2b4c65282_o.jpg

4061724484_0400ece4ec_o.jpg

Any C & C welcome
Thanks go out to Lea Roberts aka DreamerUK for letting me share his hide and helping me get this close to a kingy.

Marty

Last edited:
Super takes Marty... (y) ... a little soft in them all imhgo but the composition and colours are spot on... :D

And the ant is well oof m8... :naughty:

:p

Just love the muted colours, a different perspective.
Looks like God is emptying his bath in the background there...

What more could you wish for :) Some lovely shots indeed, you could perhaps show lea your Cuckoo impression next time and turf him out the hide :naughty:

What more could you wish for :) Some lovely shots indeed, you could perhaps show lea your Cuckoo impression next time and turf him out the hide :naughty:

lmao

nice one mart, but as said i think you have got the colour profiles wrong as the birds have a purple tint to them

superb set there Mart.... beats going to the zoo.... well done mate

Like em all but no 3 for me

Last edited:
Thank you all for you kind feedback.

Lea I have resaved the images using sRGB, instead for adobe rgb. Do they look any better on your system?

Thanks for today.

Marty

Nice set, love the out of focus streaks of rain, gives the shot some atmosphere (y)

They are lovely shots, though the last is one of the original post is fantastic.

Thanks again for your comments.

Drew my lens is a Sigma 150-500mm. Its a bit soft at the long end but is good enough for now. I am still learning how to photograph birds at the moment.

Marty

WOW!!!!! I've only ever seen a kingfisher once, would love to get some shots like these, they are stunning!

Just when I thought this post was dead it pops back up again.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

Marty

Really nice - a close-uk Kingfisher is a shot I really want to do. Jealous :)

I missed this thread first time around. Glad it popped up again. Excellent shots, especially for a first time :clap: well done Marty :)

Back