My first effort with action camera.

Edit My Images
No
I went riding at Antur Stiniog recently and thought I'd love to save some of the memories so decided to get an action camera.
After much reading I went for the DJI Osmo Action 4, i was amazed how easy it was to set up compared to the array of options my Sony A7C offers.

Anyway here's my first ever video, first time using Davinci Resolve as well.

View: https://youtu.be/bEXZWsTc2mQ?si=7s_Gpo1zcXmdO_Ci

Looks good, not sure I would ride a mountain bike there.

It's available if you click to watch on Youtube.
It does look like an exciting ride, and is the sort of video that would encourage me to have a go if I felt fit enough.
Well done!

Good video, but I skipped most.

The sound could be better but I'm sure you'll sort it out if you carry on creating videos. A dead cat might be an option covering the mic.
Do be careful of the wide(st) view because as you can see it gets disorted.

I bought the DJI Mic at the beginning of this year after hating the onboard sound the GoPro gave.

Good video, but I skipped most.

The sound could be better but I'm sure you'll sort it out if you carry on creating videos. A dead cat might be an option covering the mic.
Do be careful of the wide(st) view because as you can see it gets disorted.

I bought the DJI Mic at the beginning of this year after hating the onboard sound the GoPro gave.
I don't think I'll be putting much effort into the sound too be honest. Maybe try reducing the wind noise but certainly won't be an external mic, it doesn't look like it would survive crash.

I tried the standard wide but then you don't see the handlebars and you just don't get the sense of speed.

This weekend I also tried 24fps rather than 30 but didn't like that as much so I'll be carrying on using 30fps.

Why did you find yourself skipping, was it overall too long or just the sections?

If I was 45 years younger then yes I would give it a go.:)

I don't think I'll be putting much effort into the sound too be honest. Maybe try reducing the wind noise but certainly won't be an external mic, it doesn't look like it would survive crash.

I tried the standard wide but then you don't see the handlebars and you just don't get the sense of speed.

This weekend I also tried 24fps rather than 30 but didn't like that as much so I'll be carrying on using 30fps.

Why did you find yourself skipping, was it overall too long or just the sections?
I skipped most because it isn't my kind of video.
I should have said the distortion is only at the beginning of the video when you're panning round, but when on the bike, I cannot see any distortion.
The wide angle is good to get the surrounding area in.

No, 24fps wouldn't have been ideal for fast action movement. You could also try 60fps.
Do you alter the colour at all or is it straight out of the camera? I used to change the colour of my videos, but decided it wasn't worth it and now I'll only alter it if it's too dark.

Davinci Resolve user here too:)

I skipped most because it isn't my kind of video.
I should have said the distortion is only at the beginning of the video when you're panning round, but when on the bike, I cannot see any distortion.
The wide angle is good to get the surrounding area in.

No, 24fps wouldn't have been ideal for fast action movement. You could also try 60fps.
Do you alter the colour at all or is it straight out of the camera? I used to change the colour of my videos, but decided it wasn't worth it and now I'll only alter it if it's too dark.

Davinci Resolve user here too:)
60fps makes it appear slow. 30fps is my preferred so far.
I film at -0.7ev, and boost it slightly later. Also limited the min shutter to 1/200 as any less it effects the stabilisation severely it seems.

Not sure how 60fps will appear slow. It should improve quality than using 30fps. Interesting.

Not sure how 60fps will appear slow. It should improve quality than using 30fps. Interesting.
You don't get the edge blurring with 60fps so it looks slower.

Back