My First 'full' Wedding

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
This year I've been at two different weddings of friends where I've been asked to take a few shots but they already had a 'main' photographer (no pressure if I ballsed it up!)

At the weekend I didn't have that luxury and went in at the deep end.

I think I've done ok looking through the photos, I can see room for improvement on 99% of them but I thought I'd share one of my favourites from the day... although it's really disappointing that I didn't realise they weren't centred until I got home. Lesson learned, although the bride and groom seem to love it :)

I don't usually do silhouettes... I don't even usually shoot people but overall I really enjoyed the day!

C&C welcome (y)

G & C
by Brian McEwan, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Good idea, great rendition.

Sorry I haven't been able to update this yet, been flat out with boring work!

That's a great shot, I'm sure the couple will love it. Was it a candid shot or was it posed?

It was posed, The window was actually about 3 feet off the ground and they're standing on the windowsill :LOL:

Nice pose but really nice processing,

Thanks! (y)

I like that a lot. The only slight thing is, is it leaning off slightly to one side? It might just be my eyes though.

Might need some more lens correction on it! I think the right side edge of the window is straight but the left looks a little off o_O

This is another from the day, one I love the idea of but not sure if I executed it correctly. The dress lying on the step is distracting for me but practice makes... no such thing as perfect! :LOL:

At the Alter by Brian McEwan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love both of these. That second is a corker.

Thanks Nguss!

Another one from the hotel room the morning of the wedding where the bridal preparations were going on... usually I'm paranoid about blown highlights but sometimes I think it can work in the right places.

The Gown
by Brian McEwan, on Flickr

3 lovely shots mate, I especially like 1 & 2. On 2, have you used some flash or other lighting hidden to the front of the bride? Great effect

Back