My first Ladybird...

R

Rob.Richards

Well enough of inside! Now I am out and about and trying to catch these little blighters - amazing how quick they move through a macro depth of field!

As per usual comments and criticism welcome! Before you start though - I know it could have been sharper but this was my first attemp so be kind;)

3815879976_a5ed8ab9c1.jpg

OK, I won't state the obvious as you've already told me it's not sharp, but you can see on the leaf where the focus was. Was your shutter speed too low? Could you have upped the ISO? A couple of things to think about that may have help with the focusing in future.

It is a lovely composition and I like the strong colours, maybe a tad lighter? keep out there, its great fun! :D

Thanks both for your kind messages! I think, the main problem was I was trying to use a sigma 105 with some manual extension tubes!

I would have been better in hindsight sticking to the lens on its own and using a wider aperture. I think, I would have been reluctant to ramp up the ISO as I was at 400 already (it was getting dark!) due to the increased noise.

I might have boosted the contrast a bit much to make up for the sharpness so i agree it might be a bit dark too!

Heres to the next effort! Thanks again for the comments!

Back