My first proper London night shoot!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, ok here goes.....

On Monday I did my first 'proper' night shoot in London, got some of the usual stuff at Westminster, light trails over Tower Bridge etc etc so I'm not about to post those up as we've all seen them before!

I took the first two on Hungerford bridge which is a new location for me and pretty cool, any feedback on these welcome
Third pic below was taken in Shad Thames, should I get rid of the Starbucks logo? My eye keeps getting drawn to it!
any other feedback welcome :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

Darn good takes Steve!

#1 #2, Like the ghostly figures in the compositions,
#3, cool street scene!

I wouldn't have recognised the bridge shots as Hungerford Bridge, it looks more like the Wobbly Bridge with those hand rails. But looking closely I can see the railway bridge (and of course Charing Cross station is in the distance). Mind you, I usually cross on the other side of the railway.
I prefer the light in teh second shot, but wish that the person in teh foregroud had been further away (like the first shot).

I like the last one, very atmospheric. I personally wouldn't clone out the starbucks logo, I think it adds interest.

Nice set of images Steve, with #3 being my fav'. I wouldn't clone out the Starbucks sign, but I would clone out the part of the street lamp on the left edge of the frame.(y)

George.

Yes No.3 for me also, I would just try and just reduce the glare on the starbucks sign slightly or perhaps a square crop eliminating the l/h light post and the starbucks and the lights above the window. Plenty of scope with the picture unless you have others. Could spend plenty of time in the street though.

I prefer the light in teh second shot, but wish that the person in teh foregroud had been further away (like the first shot).

Thank you.
The first one has had a radial BW gradient added in post, I wanted to focus the eye on the centre of the image, so it can easily be recoloured :)
I think I prefer the composition (of the bridge) in shot two though!

Nice set of images Steve, with #3 being my fav'. I wouldn't clone out the Starbucks sign, but I would clone out the part of the street lamp on the left edge of the frame.(y)
George.

And thank you :) Good call on the street lamp on the left edge (y)

I would just try and just reduce the glare on the starbucks sign slightly or perhaps a square crop eliminating the l/h light post and the starbucks and the lights above the window. Plenty of scope with the picture unless you have others. Could spend plenty of time in the street though.

And thank you!
I tried a square crop but didn't really like it as it didn't leave much 'lead-in'

ok here's take 2 with the sign turned right down and the street lamp taken out, I've also taken out the hotspot of light poking out from behind the pillar 2/3 of the way across the image.
Better? I definitely prefer this one.

Could spend plenty of time in the street though.

Indeed :)
I also found this modern building there which I really like!

Thanks all for taking the time to look at my pics and give feedback :)

Last edited:
#2 and #3 for me.. The light in the second one does it for me, very cool

I prefer the original black and white with the brighter Starbucks sign, not so keen on it dulled down, although the crop is better :D

Hi Steve, I think No.3 looks better personally, but think the sign is a bit too dull now :LOL:. Must get my backside in gear and get some night time shots in London.

Back