My First Showreel

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Footage is from late 2012-April 2013.

All shot on a Canon 600D and Go Pro 3 Black Edition.

Feedback appreciated, cheers.

[VIMEO]64780877[/VIMEO]

Is that the final audio track? lots of talking heads and no dialogue.

Yes it is, generally in showreel's (from the ones I've watched anyway) you don't put any of the dialogue into it. The video is showing off my video shooting and editing skills, not my sound work. (?)

Fantastic. If I was looking for someone to make or edit video, I'd give you a shout. That was genuinely quite brilliant.

Nice and very nice editing.

Agree that the talking heads bit seemed a bit weird not being able to hear them. Video generally includes you recording sound if its being done on a smallish scale so being able to demonstrate you can record sounds would no bad thing imo..... that's just a photographers opinion though :)

Only other thing I noticed was another person recording video crept into one of the bike shots (1min 13secs), that just seemed a little amateurish compared to the other scenes.

Yes it is, generally in showreel's (from the ones I've watched anyway) you don't put any of the dialogue into it. The video is showing off my video shooting and editing skills, not my sound work. (?)

Talking heads without dialogue looks like a mistake - I would leave them out.

Fantastic. If I was looking for someone to make or edit video, I'd give you a shout. That was genuinely quite brilliant.

Thanks, appreciate that. (y)

Nice and very nice editing.

Agree that the talking heads bit seemed a bit weird not being able to hear them. Video generally includes you recording sound if its being done on a smallish scale so being able to demonstrate you can record sounds would no bad thing imo..... that's just a photographers opinion though :)

Only other thing I noticed was another person recording video crept into one of the bike shots (1min 13secs), that just seemed a little amateurish compared to the other scenes.

Thank you, and yes I agree about 1min13 but it was our only decent cable cab rig shot and wanted to have at least one in there!

Talking heads without dialogue looks like a mistake - I would leave them out.

I think you may be right, I'll reconsider this next time I do another one. :)

Back