My first weekend with the macro lens.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
After getting my Sigma 105mm (yay Rich, yer a star) I got a chance to get out and about with it last weekend. My first impressions of trying macro stuff is that it is incredibly frustrating lol, but also a right good challenge and pretty damn satisfying when things (almost) work out. Here are a hand ful of my better shots from the weekend.

I think I need to try and practice on slightly bigger beasties before trying the right wee teeny ones as I was having a lot of trouble getting my focus just right.

1)
6898366826_e55c6b7acd_b.jpg

2)
6898367016_f55bd6ee2e_b.jpg

3)
7044463919_0f12dc7a5b_b.jpg

4)
6898367550_afe2dbc69f_b.jpg

5)
7044464547_0ea4374471_b.jpg

I should probably add that I have a bit of fear of creepy crawlies but managed a lot better than I usually would have because I was in among them for taking piccies.. so helping me getting over my fear is a big bonus. I've no idea what any of the beasties are called but if anyone could help with I.D.'s that would be grand. :)

Last edited:
#4 for me. I see you and that new lens are going to get on really well.

I want me lens back Tommy :D ;) Great set and I am sure with even more shots you will improve even more (y)

Great start - I agree number four is the bee's ... erm no the fly's knees :)

Lovely shots to say they are your first with a macro lens.

A macro is next on my list of lenses and this is making me want one even more :p

#1 and #4 :) Love the colours in the first

Yep, 4 is the winner.
The biggest problem with a macro lens is the DOF.

Back