a couple from the weekend

i-6qsKqQ8-L.jpg

i-4ZMfjMm-L.jpg

i-NdKFFrS-L.jpg

i-kjVLGGS-L.jpg

i-949cnWk-L.jpg

i-LqBP6DL-L.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely set, the 1st and last are my favourites, not that the other shots aren't good.

What lens did you use? Love the processing, some kind if vintage PhotoShop action?

Clarke.

I wish people would number their shots

anyway...:D

2 4 and 5 dont show enough 'face' for me

but love #3 ....almost an early 'French' movie feeling ...very nice

thanks everyone. I normally do number my shots, not sure why I didnt with these, but updated :)

All shot with 135 at f2 for the practise.

I never use actions unless its one ive created myself, all colour adjustment is done with either HSL, Curves or levels.

I dont mind that these dont show her face so much, I do have more where she is.

Carl

really nice set Carl, my faves are #3,4,5 cute and atmospheric at the same time.

Nice set as "Standard" from you Carl...

But for myself no2 Is by far the strongest image here...:clap:

Hope your well ..

regards MD(y)

stunning set Carl, sorry to say that there isnt one I dislike at all :) 2 and 5 stand out for me, just lovely shots, I bet your very happy with these

3 for me! I would like it better without the dead space to the left though.

Good stuff as per the norm with you Carl, if only #3 was cropped/framed like 2,4 & 5 it would be the bomb.

Thanks everyone. I have ordered a couple of these at 18x12 to see how they look and then I might get a bigger print, I ordered #3 and adjusted the crop to see if it works.

Does anyone else find they hold off getting prints done as they are always waiting for the next better picture? Im putting a stop to that, its about time my house was filled with my pictures :)

2-X (whatever X is, last one) are just fantastic, I love those kind of shots, makes me think of old photos from some european holiday destination. I think 4 might be my favourite, but I'd like to see 3 with the same look and feel if possible.

The first one is a nice shot, but seems a bit out of place in the set.

Does anyone else find they hold off getting prints done as they are always waiting for the next better picture? Im putting a stop to that, its about time my house was filled with my pictures :)

Yes mate I have 4 images on my wall at home Of my 5 kids :nuts:

Regars MD(y)

For mood and timing it has to be number 3 for me. Shame about the central composition but I love the vintage feel. Classic rule of thirds may have worked better.
5 and 6 work well too but I would have preferred to see plainer clothing.
Great overall quality though.

Ive recropped 3 in the print as I totally agree about rule of 3rds being better for this shot, its one of the only ones I didnt get in 3rds.

I was saying to my wife we need to get some plain simple clothing for my son. A lot of what he wears dosnt work well in photos.

Last edited:
The composition on 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 is excellent. Great shots.

you have a great subject. my fav is number 2.. reminds me of my own daughter skipping away shouting nope not listening when she was 6. she is now now 27 with a son of her own.

Thanks, these were taken in the middle of the day, most of the look is from the post work I do :)

Any chance on a bit of an insight to the post work on these Carl :)

PS ive just looked at the price of the lens used in your shots, I would have to sell one of my 5 kids :)

Last edited:
Lovely shots, liking 2, 4 and 5 but for me the stand out shot is #3! Very well done!

Back