Daily My late start 366 - BobBCN

Cheers Matt!

I think I'm starting to lean towards certain styles. As I mentioned earlier, B/W is definitely a winner with me - don't know why, maybe because we don't actually see in B/W (unless you're a penguin, I think) :wacky:

Also the sharp/blurred 'bokeh' style appeals - maybe for the same reason :shrug:

Anyway, it was great to be able to walk around at will doing the 366. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Now back at work and highly stressed. :thumbsdown:

Well you've made it up to Day 84 the same as all the rest that started on the first of Jan (y) so I guess that means that you can start to get the position of a single photo for each day (y)

Since my last visit it's that first one that you've posted from the last batch of Exeter photos for me (y) but it is let down a little by the sky, you may want to look at some HDR processing on scenes like that in the future (y)

Matt

Yes, I see what you mean. I have looked at some HDR stuff and it seems a wee bit complicated for my humble self! But certainly something to look into in the future.

And yes, I have nearly caught up (I think today would be 85 and I'm down on 80) but the important thing for me is simply to have the 366 project in mind and keep on looking out for the next shot/set.

Cheers

Looking Up​

Today's photography was a Volleyball Championship yet again, but while enjoying a quick fag betwen sets I shot some bits and bats I found interesting.

Day - 81​

Up1 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Day - 82​

Up2 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Day - 83​

Up3 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Day - 84​

Up4 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I have spotted two obvious mistakes: #82 - the background should be more out of focus, I should have had a wider aperture the f10, and #84 - needed to be straightened.

And a shot of my daughter's team, as they won the cup!!

Day 85 - Champions! ("Campionas" in Spanish)​

Champions by BobBCN, on Flickr​

This was a very quick snap just after the girls had dived on top of each other - hence the bag which gets in the way, and the topmost girl whose head was incomplete ...........

85/366 (2012)

I also liked the final crop on this one ... so in it goes.

Day 86 - Victory Kisses

Trophy by BobBCN, on Flickr

86/366 (2012)

Last edited:
Day 87 - Light-painted Scalextric.

Mercedes by BobBCN, on Flickr​

A second attempt at light-painting - although to be honest it only needed a quick flash, sorry I'll re-phrase that, it only needed a short burst of light to illuminate. Will be moving onto scale 1:1 at some time in the future.

87/366 (2012)

Last edited:
Well done on your catch up Bob (y)

Some very nice shots along the way. Lots of variety and experimentation, excellent :)

Thanks. That's exactly my reason for joining in the fun. Lots of different stuff, getting the feel of the camera etc. Hoping to have a go at light-trails, sunsets and the like. May even get a few birds in there as well!! (y)

And then some experimentation with plants/bokeh (y)

Day 90 and 91 and 92 - which puts me one day ahead, cos I won't be posting tomorrow! I prefer the second one, and also the first seems to have some kind of lens flare. Don't understand that!

Plants1 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Plants2 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Plants3 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

92/366 (2012)

Last edited:
Day 93 and 94 - Rusty Nails!

I took these to illustrate the wide aperture/depth of field issue to a friend!:thinking:

The first on f5 and the second on f14

nails1 by BobBCN, on Flickr nails2 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I think I nailed it! (y)

Last edited:
Cheers once again, Matt. Hope to have some more 'champion' photos soon when my daughter takes part in the Spanish Championships next week. She'll be representing Catalunya against all the other 'Comunidades' (Counties).

Anyway, as I have more time at the moment, I'll push on and post a small set of b/w which I shot the other day. That will take me well ahead of schedule, so I can relax for a few days. :LOL:

Days 95-99 Abandoned House​

99/366

Next post will be number 100! (9th April 2012)

Last edited:
For Day 102 I thought I would have a go at water drops which I had seen in squid's challenge (his day 92). This was the best one! I sprayed the water on the window myself as it wasn't actually raining at the time!

I will try again when it's darker outside and there are some points of light to 'bokeh'. It's a type of shot I now have in mind for rainy days.

Window Pane by BobBCN, on Flickr​

102/366

Last edited:
Day 103 - While waiting ...........​

Apart from teaching, I also do a lot of 'taxi' work for my volleyball brood. Hence a lot of waiting around after training sessions and what have you .....
So now I have started the 'always have your camera with you' phase of my life ......

103/366

Last edited:
I love your first efforts at light trails but then I would :LOL: I have to say first one looks a bit over exposed to me the the second two work well (y) you could maybe have done with a shorter focal length

Matt

I see what you mean about the first one, but it was just about 10 mins earlier and f18 instead of f22 with the other two. I was also on 18mm which is the shortest I possess at the moment. I used available objects for camera support and so some of the other images I captured were just blurred by me!

Anyway, once ahead .............. here are three more ............. :)

Day 107 - Early Morning​

early morning by BobBCN, on Flickr

Day 108 - Train Arriving​

train arriving by BobBCN, on Flickr

Day 109 - Lines​

lines by BobBCN, on Flickr​

109/366​

As Sir Magnus often said: "I've started, so I'll finish ......."

Day 111 - Shadow Play

There was some music coming from another part of the sports complex where my daughter and her team were in the process of winning the Spanish Regional Volleyball Championships! And as I just happened to have my camera to hand ........ :clap:

Shadow Play by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I've added this to today's just 'cos I'm a proud dad!!! :D And (bless her) she's the only one looking at me instead of the other fella!

Champions 2012 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Day 115​

I was struck by this small tower (the bell tower of a fairly modern church) and its 'block of flats' backdrop. Often the urban planning in BCN leaves a lot to be desired!

Bell Tower by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Everything's tightly packed in in BCN! Must be due to the fact that nearly everybody lives in flats rather than houses - too many people, shops, bars and yes churches, and not enough space!

Anyway, three more from my Montjuic set to take me through days 118-120

Montjuic 5 by BobBCN, on Flickr and Montjuic 6 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Montjuic 7 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Back