Daily My late start 366 - BobBCN

I'm sure that you'll make (y) but I really do know that feeling, I'm currently approaching my 500th day and feeling a little tired of it because of the rubbish weather this last week or so :bonk:

Matt

Oh, go on then ........

Thought I'd post a cliché self portrait today for Day 124
I must add that I am neither as young as I look here, nor as serious, but then again, we are told that the camera never lies .......

1100D 1 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Back on the roof ...... After numerous white blobs I finally managed to photograph an almost full moon. With my modest 1100D and some ehow help (well, basically the so-called f11/sunny rule) this is my best hand-held effort with some sharpening 'cos I was too lazy to hump the tripod up the stairs!

Day 125 The Moon

moon (4) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Went to Lleida for more volleyball watching but whilst the team was warming up I nipped out for a look around. There were three things of interest: a footbridge, some yellow plants ('genista' in Spanish) and the presence of storks which for some reason beknown only to themselves have decided to inhabit this part of the world.

Anyway, I'll post the best of each set to take me through to Monday 7th May.

Day 126 - The Footbridge​

Bridge (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Day 127 - Genista​

Genista (4) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Day 128 - The Stork​

Storks (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I originally posted this in 'Creative Photography' but it seems to have been ignored. So I thought I'd post here to see if any 365ers could help out!!

It's a GIMP merge that I, with my limited knowledge of both photography and processing, did the other day.

The stork image was under the moon image, but I guess that's obvious to everyone!

Anyway, my daughters were well impressed when I slid the opacity bar to uncover the stork! And to be honest, so was I.

I realise, however, that it's quite a 'simple' way of processing and could probably have been done much more effectively, and so I'd love some pointers for this type of processing. For example, is it possible to avoid darkening the background? - I mean that the moon image was obviously the moon on a black sky, so even when you reduce its opacity you are still left with a grey cast over the background.

Any comments/help would be welcome.

Thanks

Day 129 - The Stork and the Moon

merge1 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Day 133 - Edits

For today's image I'll post three from March :wacky: that I played around with when I was sorting out my growing number of photo archives - It's amazing how the images start to pile up, or rather fill up the hard drive!

a) Colour version/view of a previous post

Hands by BobBCN, on Flickr

b) Detail of a statue from Bath Abbey

Statue by BobBCN, on Flickr

c) Around the clock. It was foggy but with added contrast etc ....

Clock by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Day 142 - Woman and Bird

It's a Joan Miro statue, called Woman and Bird apparently. Anyway, I thought that it seemed to be a suitable candidate for a bit of selective colouring ....

Woman and Bird by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Some brilliant stuff since my last visit (y) the selective focus stuff works very well (y) but my pick is the clock (y) and the way that the street lights mirror the time (y) that was a brilliant spot there (y)

Matt

I see you spotted my intention on the clock! BUT I was actually tempted to wait around until five to one as then it would have been pure symmetry! :clap:

Thanks once again for your comments, very encouraging.

I think I'm actually improving my skills ... at least in PP!!

#138 for example, is a very tight crop on the building you can see in #137 just to the left of the two towers (not from that photo but a similar one) but I didn't even see the reflections until I started looking at the image on the computer! :thinking:

Might as well go for Saturday's installments!! (y) (y)

Day 147 - Rainy Days through the Windscreen

The Heavens opened up yesterday so I went for the "waterdrop/bokeh/crazy distortion" effect while waiting for the lights to change.

Luckily there was nobody behind me on the two green light images as Spanish drivers are notoriously impatient at traffic lights.

I was really pleased with how these came out!!!! :clap: But I posted them yesterday in Creative Photography where so far they have been totally ignored. :shrug:

Drops (1) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Drops (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Drops (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Drops (4) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Drops (5) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Day 149 - Those dolls certainly turned the one-legged Pinocchio's head!

The Dolls by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And while we're on the theme ................

Day 150 - The Sad Doll (presumably, as she mentioned to me, because: "I stubbed my toe chasing this bloody lamb!")

The Doll by BobBCN, on Flickr​

150/366 (2012)

Cheers Matt - still going strong, and I'm actually finding more things to shoot as time goes by: obviously this must come from the hours I'm spending looking at other people's work on TP!!!

Day 156 - The Central Market

This is Sabadell's central 'mercat' around which the Antique Fair is held every Sunday.

In the first shot I had to clone out the edges of buildings which the 18mm had 'included' in top the corners. The 'Tatty Bins' (Day 148) make a re-appearance in the foreground: they are actually everywhere, almost outnumbering parked cars. The other is the "sepia-postcard-look" which I actually quite like (now and again).

Central Market by BobBCN, on Flickr

Central Market 2 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

156/366 (2012)

Yes, Matt, as I said those bins are a real pain in many ways.

They are also the centre of a bit of controversy at the moment because of all the 'unofficial binmen' that the recession seems to have spurned. In the colour shot you can just see the back of one such person (foreground, wearing green), in the sepia shot he's actually having a butcher's. Alongside him his shopping trolley which will no doubt be full by the end of the day: a sad indictment of the times we live in.

Anyway, along those lines here is the next photo

Day 157 Intelligent Footprints

I saw this shot literally jump up from the pavement but I didn't have my camera! I went the next day thinking that it would surely have been removed but luckily it was still there!! It's gone now BTW.

I have intentionally cropped out the top of the door where you can read the bank's name. But as it could probably be any bank at the moment ......................:cautious:

Intelligent Footprints by BobBCN, on Flickr​

157/366 (2012)

Last edited:
Yep, I'm posting in advance yet again (and I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up!) I went to my old Scalextric club the other day to participate in a race but ended up taking photos instead!

Days 158, 159 and 160 - Of Hummers and Elephants....

HummerRCT (14) by BobBCN, on Flickr

HummerRCT (8) by BobBCN, on Flickr

HummerRCT (7) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And there are some more at my flickr ..............

160/366 (2012)

That's a bit mad and very sad of what is supposed to be a first world continent :shake: I have to say I love your most recent ones, you have clearly put a lot of time and thought into your models there but would be better with a Defender over a horrid hummer (y)

Matt

Yeah, you are probably right about the Defender, Matt, but I don't think it has been done as a slot model. Mind you, I could have used a static scale model for the shots instead!

Will be out shooting again this weekend, the days are catching up with my posts again! :LOL:

Cheers Matt. The rain shot was also a risk shot as I had to quickly position the car the wrong way on a one-way street, in a storm no less.

Anyway, moving on .......

Days 162, 163 and 164 - The Balcony

I was struck by this balcony, so I took some shots and cropped in pp.
I liked the blue bucket, and how there was more blue in the reflections, and so I messed with the saturation or maybe the frame was blue once over. The building is in a place called 'Freedom Square' which may have some kind of meaning - perhaps the rats run amock in there!!

balcony (1) by BobBCN, on Flickr

balcony (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr

balcony (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

164/366 (2012)

Last edited:
Back