My Mum's Series lll

Name
Rudy
Edit My Images
Yes

any comments greatly appreciated :) could do with info

Last edited:
too much blur on them all. lets see a crisp mono one!

fair enough guys Lynton first thing tomorrow a still crisp mono shot for you :D I'll do the low angle because it really emphasizes the beauty of her :love: :) :) :)

Thanks. Cannot beat a "proper" Landie.....as opposed to all the disco crap, got one as a hire car once..... best feature...... electric rear window went up and down, (sometimes)

Thanks. Cannot beat a "proper" Landie.....as opposed to all the disco crap, got one as a hire car once..... best feature...... electric rear window went up and down, (sometimes)

unless you want to do more than 10 miles ;) - Freelander has the electric rear window.

I couldn't agree more Defender & series rule!! though I have to say i do like the Vogue

aw that's cruel they're reliable enough great for the snow :D yeah tomorrow I'm doing a still shot same effects except blur :)

sorry i stand corrected, twas a freelander..... but its best point remained the opening back window.....it was also very thirsty!

now back to real Landrovers, mate had a 3.5 V8 im an early seires 2.that was fun but scary at times, given the original Perkins diesel had the stopping power of an ark!

sorry i stand corrected, twas a freelander..... but its best point remained the opening back window.....it was also very thirsty!

now back to real Landrovers, mate had a 3.5 V8 im an early seires 2.that was fun but scary at times, given the original Perkins diesel had the stopping power of an ark!

Apologies, can't help myself. Land Rover have never fitted a Perkins engine. :)

Anyway, I too feel the blur doesn't work in this shot, Land Rovers like crisp focusing, at least I feel they do. Nice Series 3 though. I have two, 2006 Defender 90 TD5 and a 1963 Series 2a 109 2.25 diesel (the original fitted engine) which will be really nice, if ever I finish rebuilding it :thinking:

If you're shooting it again, try moving 90deg around the front of the car so you're still shooting the front 3/4 view but using the tall, plain dark hedge as a backdrop rather than the roof of a 70s bungalow. If you haven't got space or light, maybe pick out some details to shoot.

I'd steer clear of zoom bursts with cars or people might just think wtf that's some mighty bad movement blur been applied in PP ;)

If you're shooting it again, try moving 90deg around the front of the car so you're still shooting the front 3/4 view but using the tall, plain dark hedge as a backdrop rather than the roof of a 70s bungalow. If you haven't got space or light, maybe pick out some details to shoot.

I'd steer clear of zoom bursts with cars or people might just think wtf that's some mighty bad movement blur been applied in PP ;)

Seconded on the shooting angle, zoom bursts only really work with cars in motion, even then it has to be right.

ok thanks a lot guys & Andrew the 70s bungalow is actually a pig sty converted into a dog kennel :D your landies sound great Ste Manns ooh nice v8 Lynton (y)

number five i used ISO 3200 at f22 i quite like the effect

the 70s bungalow is actually a pig sty converted into a dog kennel :D

lol

number five i used ISO 3200 at f22 i quite like the effect

It's interesting, I think the grain works. Remember you lose latitude with higher ISO so even though the exposure might be the equivalent of f/5 ISO400 (or thereabouts, I dozed off in the middle of the maths) you may find you've lost a bit from the highlights and shadows.

Of the three new ones posted, No.6 is the strongest comp IMO. Guess you're restricted how far back you can go?

Out of interest, what's your thinking behind mono. Tried full colour but desaturated?

yeah i like the grain a lot & yes I have noticed that

I also think No 6 is the best & no I just have to move her back when my parents aren't looking :D I have always been a big fan of monochrome images with & without grain
& no I haven't tried colour & desaturated as i prefer getting it perfect in camera like film photographers do old fashioned yes but my opinion the best way

Back