My new Macro Set-Up.....Hopefully!

On the Huh

Little Ball of Fur
Name
Zulfi
Edit My Images
Yes
I am an avid fan/user of digital, and a proud owner of a 5D2.

That aside I bought an EOS 1 35mm from E Bay a few years ago, just cos I got it really cheap. I have been given a ring flash ML3, also a few years ago, and never used by me as it doesn't even work on my 20D. I bought a 105 Sigma Macro lens a few years ago, which I used on a 350D in my Camera-Club-days, but haven't used since.

My local corner shop sold me a dozen or so of out-of date Agfa film (ISO200. I think) also a few years ago.

My question is that now I've dug all these from the loft, after I get some new batteries will these all work to produce some macro shots? Only got everything together tonight, but can't try out cos of a battery for the camera needs replacing.

Looking through the nice big viewfinder of the EOS1 is great, but looks very dull compared with what I've got used to recently. Is this normal?

Dunno - have you put the 105 on the 5D and checked? It may just be the f/4 or whatever the lens runs at is not what you are used to. If I recal, the eos 1 is95% view, full frame, so should at least be able to keep up with the 5D.

Arthur

PS - My daughter (16, college this year, performing arts) is looking for a tfp tog, can I PM you?

Well the answer to many of your questions is "to try it"...as for the view finder, you could have a look at the mirror inside and if dirty very gently use some lighter fuel and cotton buds to clean, if the other side of the viewfinder glass is dirty there is not much you can do without taking the top off to get at it....although I'm not sure if this model has a changeable viewfinder.

Cheers , will give it a go.
Arthur: Yes you can PM me.

Back