My new watch

Thats very kind!

Yep, the Southbank is great this time of year - very Christmasy/Christmasie/Xmasie :thinking: :shrug:

lol, did u have any problems in the South bank with a tripod? :cautious:I may go up this weekend and give it a go ....

lol, did u have any problems in the South bank with a tripod? :cautious:I may go up this weekend and give it a go ....

None at all.

But, one of the guys that I was with (prof' p'grapher) said that if you try to get a tripod out anywhere near the Eye you'll get "moved on" by security. I did double dare him but he got talked out of it

No decent photographs but here's my old workhorse.

5258693726_878bd5e4e7_z.jpg

None at all.

But, one of the guys that I was with (prof' p'grapher) said that if you try to get a tripod out anywhere near the Eye you'll get "moved on" by security. I did double dare him but he got talked out of it

mmmm interesting...... I guess i could always claim "tourist" and not speaka da language! lol :naughty:

lume.jpg

Some great shots here - a few of my favourite shots ive taken:

I reckon it's an IWC, maybe a IWC Spitfire?

IWC Pilots mk 11...... In my dreams! This is a Timefactors Speedbird 1. Loosely based on the MOD Mk 11 Pilots Watch specification, but updated with modern mechanics, water proofing, sapphire etc. No longer available, but if you like, check out the Timefactors website, Eddie does have a beautiful Speedbird III

www.timefactors.com

Last edited:
Here a couple of mine, shot long ago with Nikon 8700 bridge camera, a plastic box as a light tent and two 500w workshop lamps :LOL:

both3bw.jpg

may as well stick this one in then taken with the panasonic lx5

5483833364_de7c6db903_z.jpg

Here's mine then...

...Damn, I don't wear one.

brilliant timed shots...once that was the way to check your 1 sec exposure on a 35mm camera..
didnt matter where the second hand was so long as the distance was 1 second etc
another way was to photo lines on a 625 analogue tv screen
625 a second...then you could check stuff under a second

seiko chrono by tonky8203, on Flickr

I like it as it's pretty trouble free - no battery issues being kinetic. My favourite though is another Seiko chrono - over 18 years old, never been serviced and is accurate to within 30 seconds a year. It's a PITA when it needs a battery, but I still love the thing- nine moving hands in total.

Back