My paper bill has just gone through the roof

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

I learned, when I was younger, that better is the
worst enemy of good… always hated that! :mad:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I've been printing on a Lustre paper for a year or so now and been very happy with the prints from my Epson SC-P600.

I've just done a few test prints on Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper and it's absolutely gorgeous. How can I go back to Lustre now? :banghead:
hehe ... I shouldn't laugh really but hehe ... short answer is you can't (go back that is). I spent days and a small fortune in ink testing a variety of papers and have settled on a couple I really like, both fine art types (one is a baryta, the other a matte). Such a personal choice though, but for me head and shoulders above compared to standard lustre and gloss papers.

Nod

Kronus
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes

I learned, when I was younger, that better is the
worst enemy of good… always hated that! :mad:

Not forgetting that excess is never enough...

Edit My Images
No
FWIW

Not home printed but have had in the past exhibition/sales prints [printed commercially] on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl and a test one (currently on my own wall) on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Photo Rag, both lovely prints and pleasing look.

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Which Fine Art one is it out of curiosity? I'm guessing it's the Baryta (non-Satin)?

There's nothing quite like seeing a good image on fab paper. The good news is that the expense will mean (if you're like me) you only print the best. I print contact sheets on Olmec's Photo Metallic Lustre because it's cheap as chips and the colour rendition is superb (even if it feels like handling sellotape). Giveaway-to-friends prints are on Fotospeed's Plat Lustre 'cos that's a great compromise of price & quality. But for my own guilty pleasure it's my Museo Silver Rag (which has the edge over the Hahnemuhle papers on texture & feel IMO) which is at a similar price point to the Fine Art Baryta.

Glad it's not just me that gets excited about paper :)

OP
OP
ecoleman
Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
No
Which Fine Art one is it out of curiosity? I'm guessing it's the Baryta (non-Satin)?

There's nothing quite like seeing a good image on fab paper. The good news is that the expense will mean (if you're like me) you only print the best. I print contact sheets on Olmec's Photo Metallic Lustre because it's cheap as chips and the colour rendition is superb (even if it feels like handling sellotape). Giveaway-to-friends prints are on Fotospeed's Plat Lustre 'cos that's a great compromise of price & quality. But for my own guilty pleasure it's my Museo Silver Rag (which has the edge over the Hahnemuhle papers on texture & feel IMO) which is at a similar price point to the Fine Art Baryta.

Glad it's not just me that gets excited about paper :)
I’m not sure to be honest. Marrutt sell it. I tried the fine art smooth and the standard which is a thicker paper with more texture. I know it’s hahnemuhle paper but nor really sure what it’s called. I’ve ordered a pack of A3+ and it will be used for the best images. The rest will stay on lustre.

I gave it a try as the wife wanted a couple of my images in the living room but I didn’t want a normal photo paper(gloss / lustre). It’s the first time if printed on a Matt paper.