My sort of weekend

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No

POSTED in Talk Sport as not meant to show the pic.. more the story of a varied weekend...

Not posted as great pics (although quite pleased with #1) So not looking for pic comments as thats another forum..more to show how being a sports photogrpaher isn't just league football on a saturday afternoon.

I usually get to do a couple of different sports over a weekend and I am not usually one for part games.. But needs must sometimes and this SAT #3 and #4 half a game each...Also ice hockey is 3 x 20 minute periods.. If I have had a busy weekend then I may just cover one 20 mins as to be fair you can get a goal and some action and unless you miss a fight you wont get much different in the rest

So the week before last I was given 7 jobs.. All shot for local paper and used during the week... .. Of course the paper pay me to work for them. i also get to post galleris on my website.. pics sell from the junior games no problem.. adult on't sell much at all...

SAT Morning under 11s boys football 9am KO
Manager gives his player a high 5 after he scores
weekender_001.jpg

SAT Morning Womens Hockey 11am KO
With the local team in red not losing for 2 and a half seasons and they won
weekender_002.jpg

SAT Afternoon 2.15 KO Mens Rugby League
Only able to do first half as football needed later
weekender_003.jpg

SAT Afternoon 3pm mens non league Football
Arrived when score already 0-2 did an hr shooting
weekender_004.jpg

On to Sunday

SUN Morning 10am Boys v Girls u12s football
only girls team in boys league and winning 7 of 7 .. won again
weekender_005.jpg

SUN Afternoon 2pm KO Womens football
Always good to get a Happy Sad shot
weekender_006.jpg

SUN Evening 5.45 KO Mens ice Hockey
Goal Celebration
weekender_007.jpg

Yeah… right. All may have some interest but me,
I am Canadian… and the last is my pick! :):):rolleyes:

Yeah… right. All may have some interest but me,
I am Canadian… and the last is my pick! :):):rolleyes:

My last Ice Hockey match of the season this comign weekend.. there is one more home game after that but it calshes wiht another job .... thus sunday will be it for another season... 2006 my first one.. http://www.kipax.com/hockey

All great examples of composition but #1 is a definite winner :)

Nice to get an insight into a working pro's life, quite enjoyed reading it, thanks.

I ahve 6 jobs booked for this weekend but I can't see much surviving..

The paper are leaving it to me on saturday.. In the morning Find a junior game for the grass roots pages.. I have chosen a game on 3g for 8.45 am KO then if OFF i have rest of morning to monitor the internet and try to find a game that is on.. Same idea in afternoon.. Need a non league game for mondays sports page.. I ahve a choice of 5 as we cover a large area in east lancs.. quite a few clubs with 5 of them playing at home.. But chances are if one off then all off..
Sunday mornign shoudl be OK .. a large 10k race and fun run at 9am from the town center should be on.. I ahve a mate who has a flat above some shops on the main street so am going for an ariel type shot of race start for the main 10k and usual ground shots for fun run races.... Sun afternoon is womens cup semi final football.. cant see it being on .. Ice hockey should be on although I did have one postponed because of ice... a sudden afternoon freeze meant the car park (on slopes) and surrounding paths where a danger to public so ice hockey off for ice...

the good thing about the paper is.. if everyhtings off at weekend i still get paid :)

the rest of the week not so good.. three comminioned games this week all postponed.... i ahve been given replay dates for two that i can cover.. so the money still there however those dates now taken when maybe i could ahve got other jobs.. so definately not good for the bank balance this weather :(

Back