Votes: 5 7.5%

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right section, but I am looking to get a canvas/print done for the house using one of my shots, but I really can't decide which I think is strongest, so any help would be great!

Welsh Corn Field by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Southerndown Sunset by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Gateway to Heaven - Severn Bridge by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Mach Loop - Tornado GR4 by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Tower of Stars by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

River Severn Sunset by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

All help really appreciated!

Matt

I was going to vote for one of them until the same thought crossed my mind as what Sarah has put, it would have to (for me) match the room and the current décor of that room. Can you give us some details ? :)

Hi Matt
Number 2 for me that Is an amazing shot I would be chuffed to skinny ribbons pulling a shot like that off, It is very warm and inviting to the eye It is also very well balanced with a wonderfull sense of mystery I feel I am drawn to the headland and wonder what lies beyond.
I am not by any means saying your other shots are of a lesser quality. But If was making a purchase for my home number 2 wins hands down.

congrats on some excellent work.

I like the Tornado but not sure I would want it in my living room (I would lose the green light too!), for my living room I would pick #2 probably or given your location #3

Voted #2 as I think it's the most peaceful and relaxing shot to look at personally.

Number 2 or 3 in my opinion Matt! Both great images. I like them both for very different reasons. I think 2 would work well in your lounge/dining room, whereas 3 would look good in a study.

Thanks all, still not sure what room, may put it in the study or take it to my office lol

OK, for a study or office I think my choice would be no.1. I don't think it's the strongest out of the set, but it's the one that would put me in the best frame of mind for working - something about the strong directional path through the corn and the tree (I'd clone out the pylon before going to print though).
If it was in our home study, I'd definitely have to fight my husband between that and number 4 though . . . I know he'd love that one.

Incidentally, number 2 is actually my favourite and would have been my pick for a living space or bedroom.
And as much as I really like number 3, I spent two years commuting from Cardiff to Bristol every day and wasted I don't know how many hours queuing on that bridge. I can't think of anything I'd want reminding of less when I settle down at home, so for purely selfish reasons it's not something I'd want to see hung on my wall.
Since it made your shortlist though, I guess you don't have those sort of negative associations with it :)
Honestly, I really don't think you should necessarily pick what's technically 'the best' image, but go for something that has meaning for you and that's going to work in the place that you hang it.

Thanks very much for the in-depth reply. It's great to get a second opinion on everything. I didn't even notice the pylons in #1, so thanks for pointing that out as well.

I'll need to have a think on which room to put it on and then make a decision :)

I would be happy with any of those but I voted for 2 simply because it looks like somewhere I would likle to be, :)

Wow thanks very much guys, I'm over the moon with everyones thoughts on the images, I didn't think I was that good and always doubt my images!

these are all brilliant Matt! but im terrible with decisions so couldn't choose :p

Number 2 is what I'd hang in the lounge or similar.
Number 4 is what I'd put in the games room/garage. Love it.

The others are good too but overall I'd go for #2.

No 1 for me, but I would try to lose the power pylon on the left side.

Alan

Three for me, no.2 is probably my favourite image, but I image it a bit too moody as decor.

No:1 for me. Just perfect for a canvas. Did you use the 5D classic for all those shots?

Hi Mat. No 2, I would have in a bedroom and No 1, in the lounge or dinning room, Great set by the way.

Ok..here's my take.
1...In the living room
2...in the bedroom
3..at the bottom of the stairs
4...in the office
5...at the top of the stairs
6...in the bathroom, relaxing viewing while having a soak

Only flaw is I hope you don't live in a bungalow ;)

Forget about which is the 'strongest' if you're putting something on the wall it's all about howyou feel about the image and whether you'll enjoy seeing it on a daily basis or not. Nobody voting is ever likely to pop round your house so I'd ignore the poll and go with your heart

Back