My turn... :D

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, a while back you might remember me posting these pictures of a show called Oklahoma which i took pictures of at the Lowry Theater in Manchester:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.glancy2/oklahoma/index.html

I've just been to a showing of the recording of the show, and took along a few CD's with my photos on them at print size and a small album with some 6x4 preview shots... I wasn't expecting much interest because people were already buying the DVD's of the night which cost them £5. Never-the-less, i thought i'd be a bit cheeky and try charging £5 per disk of photos too :D To my amazement, it worked :eek: I've came out of the showing £75 up! This is the first time i've made a single penny for my photos, and boy oh boy does it feel great! :D :D :D

Because of this, i now infact have enough money to upgrade my Canon 70-200 L from the F/4 version to the F/2.8 which i've been wanting to do ever since i bought the lens :D

Happy days! :D

Congrats. I would be more tempted into buying a 24-105 or 100-400 in your position and possibly keeping the 70-200 for now.

mfwild13 said:
Congrats. I would be more tempted into buying a 24-105 or 100-400 in your position and possibly keeping the 70-200 for now.
In actual hard cash at the moment, i have £325.

I'm gona be aiming to sell the current 70-200 for £400, but as little as £380 will suffice. I've got a deal with Kerso for the 70-200 F/2.8 for £700ish all in :)

I was thinking about getting the 17-40L but it's still a while away from being able to afford it. I've always regretted not saving up for a while longer for the F/2.8 version of the 70-200.. I use it in a lot of low-light conditions the 70-200, and the F/4 to be honest doesn't cut the mustard. That extra stop will seriously help me no end, even though it's not much :)

well done Jonny!

Jonny, is that an IS version for that price off Kerso?

Well done on the money making (y)

digitalfailure said:
Jonny, is that an IS version for that price off Kerso?

Well done on the money making (y)
Nah, it's the non-IS version... That's a lens i can only but dream about the IS version :D

Well done, good result :)

very nice....very nice indeed....

Back