My turn to launch my gallery

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Well i say launch, more of a Beta test really,

Still got a few niggles, the javascript on the front page slideshow isnt compliant, but it works in FF and IE rather well....

http://www.picturesforsale.co.uk/

Made using ZenPhoto. Marvelous software for making a gallery, its a piece of cake to work with once you get past the installation. The theme i used is called Sterile, a nice theme, clean and tidy, and quite changeable, which is what i did, took it, changed it, and made it my own :)wave: )

The contact piece under the main image display is Matts code idea, again, took it, changed it and made it my own :)baby:)with his permission though of course. Thanks to Matt for his help, he really made this easy for me, explaining what each bit of css code does and how it all works together

As i say, bit of beta testing at the moment really, i have a couple of minor issues in Firefox with the thumbs in the album, and the javascript on the front page, but other than that, its fully compliant and quite clean.

Opinions welcomed, and also any bugs that anyone turns up would be great. More images to go in as and when i get to it, and i know that the PNG doesnt show properly for some users on IE6, upgrade to 7 and its fine. Infact in IE7 it works perfectly...:geek:

As I said on MSN, some cracking work gone on there :p

Not sure how Matt helped, as I hear it, he knows jack about CSS ::boxer: :wave:

As for Zen, cracking code isnt it? I now know loads of people who have done the same, taking it and incorporating it into their own websites to run their gallery. I use it too ;)

Opinions? Ive said it before and I'll say it again, code for Firefox, then tweak for IE ;)

Failing that, do what all good respectable websites do. Code for Firefox and build in an IE checking routine that says "IE not supported, it may work, it may not....get a proper browser" :p

Hi Matty ... only been doing as suggested and checking out your new p & j ... :p

First up ... it looks great for first impressions ... (y)

In order of my journey through the gallery then ...

Tried a couple of times hitting Home button when in Home and this is what I got ... probably not what you want it to do ... :shrug: ... Edit ... it also does it to me from Contact page ...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: printgallerytitle() in /home/pictures/public_html/index.php on line 3

In Animals & Nature ... there are two identical pics of the Bird in #1 & #2 ...

In Landscapes and Scenary ... small point but a typo in Scenery ...

In About Me ... a lot of repeats from Home, including Kit List ... :thinking: ... I know you will probably change this over time as you further develop but ... ;) ... oh and a sort of typo ... i > I ... would look better ... imo ... :p and the last line starting Im > I'm ... and cant > can't ... :shrug:

Really hope you don't mind me commenting on even the tiny points Matty ... just want to see a really good Gallery go for perfick !

Overall it is a great Gallery Matty ... good looking, good first impressions and very easy to navigate and find one's way around ... aside from the hiccoughs above ...

The thumbs look good and the pictures load very quickly too ... :)

And some of the photos are really good too m8 ... (y)

Thanks for sharing it with us Matty ... bookmarked to keep an eye on your progress ... :naughty:

Looks fantastic Matty, lots of great work you got going on there!

Two bits that caught my attention though. Just a typo really, scenary is spelled 'scenery' innit? :D

Also on the "About me" page. Don't think the whole "ego thing" and parting of ways should have even been mentioned. This site isn't based on that and shouldn't keep getting noted as that, just my opinion!

Just trying to help, and it looks great! (y)

Jewel :)

thanks for the comments, taken on board. Will fix the minor errors and maybe rewrite my about me page..though i agree jewel, at the time i wrote that it was at the forefront of my mind... and i will correct scenary....

links should all now be correct.

Ive started rewriting the about me page...........

Matty, site looks really good mate. Just a couple of things I can't see the following "About Me" "Contact" and "Links" also I've noticed on your front page you have the lower case "i" rather than the upper case "I". Sorry I don't want to appear picky just trying to help.

I do like the layout as it's very easy on the eye, very simple style, very easy to navigate around which I think is important as to much flashy stuff can put people off. All in all very very nicely done you should be chuffed.

all worky now Davey, thanks for looking

Coming along nicely Matty ... still got lower case for 'I' in your About Me page though !

Much better representation now and yes ... the links work fine now.

Once fully functional it will be a gallery I'd be proud of m8 ... (y)

might remove the kit list off front page and shove it in about me, have a better slideshow running on teh front page then....and geta piccy of me on there too...got to have a piccy of me

Yeah good ideas those matty, esp the piccy ... but not the beastie you have in your avatar right ... :LOL:

On opening it looks good and the Java-thing works OK. The About Me type disappears behind the Java window though. All the links work OK as far as I could tell.
Put a link to this site by all means, but otherwise keep schtumm - sounds like another whingeing club-phot otherwise.

you got a screeny of that Rob, works full screen? Removed all personal axe grinding gripes now too....

matty said:
you got a screeny of that Rob, works full screen? Removed all personal axe grinding gripes now too....

Works fine for me & good decision Matty ... cleans up nicely !

You still have lower case i's in Home and About Me pages though ... ;)

goddammit..

Back