n1kcy’s 52 for 2023 - Weeks 52 Favourite Image of 2023 (cc always welcome)

Nice image and as already said the reflection adds another element to the picture

Smooth: that's definitely multi-tasking at its best.
Snappers: Good idea for the theme you're following... 365 must be a nightmare. I struggle with 52 so well done on all counts!

Nice image and as already said the reflection adds another element to the picture
Thank you, quite by chance though.

Smooth: that's definitely multi-tasking at its best.
Snappers: Good idea for the theme you're following... 365 must be a nightmare. I struggle with 52 so well done on all counts!
It's a relaxed 365, broken into images per month to equal the number of days of that month, but they don't have to be taken one per day. I have to do 30 looking up shots this month, then onto the next theme. It works well for me, as it gives me something to think about and then I can have a few sessions per month, as some days it's just not possible to find the time.

Connected they are. Well framed between the two darkest blades and lovely background colours.

I like that, not only a nice pic but a really good subject choice for the weekly theme.

Nice crane fly jiggery pokery :)

Thumbs up, Nice colours, well composed, fits the theme, it's something different.
Pete

Proper well taken macro shot, real life moving object, in the natural environment... But still well framed to keep the important bits in focus, and well composed with interest and colour throughout the frame.

Well done!

Last edited:
Connected they are. Well framed between the two darkest blades and lovely background colours.

I like that, not only a nice pic but a really good subject choice for the weekly theme.

Great colour and nice use of dof.

Nice crane fly jiggery pokery :)

Lovely image.

Colours and tones are great throughout.

Nice catch, great fit for the theme (y)

Thumbs up, Nice colours, well composed, fits the theme, it's something different.
Pete

Proper well taken macro shot, real life moving object, in the natural environment... But still well framed to keep the important bits in focus, and well composed with interest and colour throughout the frame.

Well done!

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your comments. The hardest part was finding the subjects lol.

Week 17 - Liquid

20230429-FXT46499.jpg

I've been out and about this weekend, and managed a little trip down to Portsmouth. This is just a straight forward reflection taken in Gunwharf Quays.

A great abstract image with lovely colour picked out. Well spotted.

Nice shot with a painterly look

The changing lighting gives a real depth to the picture.

Quite dramatic, you've definitely captured the essence of our weather at the moment!

Beautifully layered scene, working its way up to the lovely sky, as the light comes out at the end of a rainstorm.

The light on the horses field gives a really nice focal point too.

Nice shot with a painterly look

Really nice scene with great colour.

The changing lighting gives a real depth to the picture.

Quite dramatic, you've definitely captured the essence of our weather at the moment!

Great lighting and sensitively treated

Nice atmospheric shot.

Lovely scenic image and the moody cloud and distant haze is right up my street.

Beautifully layered scene, working its way up to the lovely sky, as the light comes out at the end of a rainstorm.

The light on the horses field gives a really nice focal point too.

Very nice, interest right through the picture with soft light on the horses

Thanks everyone, landscapes are probably the genre I photo the least, so I really appreciate the comments.

Two great images Nicky, the Distant shot is just lovely and the the fragile shot is spot on.

Fragile works very well for the theme, good use of DOF.

If only the roots were equally fragile I wouldn't have dandelions all over my flower beds. Nice image.

Two great images Nicky, the Distant shot is just lovely and the the fragile shot is spot on.
Thank you
Fragile is a nice image as love these dandy clocks, bang on.
Thank you
Fragile works very well for the theme, good use of DOF.
Thank you
If only the roots were equally fragile I wouldn't have dandelions all over my flower beds. Nice image.
Totally agree, I have beds of dandelions lol

Week 20 Robust
This was taken on an infrared camera with a 720 filter.

20230524-DSCF0667-Edit.jpg

Like this as Pete said IR suits this image. In the animal world you don't get much more robust than this. So sad they are on the endangered list.

Back