n1kcy’s 52 for 2023 - Weeks 52 Favourite Image of 2023 (cc always welcome)

Perfect pair of images for the two themes. Being next to each other just makes the other look more unsightly / more pretty. (IYSWIM)

I love the composition on the old car, in a strange way I like scenes of old cars decaying and being enveloped by nature, but in truth....yes....it's unsightly.
Lovely colour on Pretty.

Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

To good shots Nicky, I like the low POV of the unsightly shot and the pop of red/orange from the Montbretia

Thanks everyone for your comments. Time just zooms by in these summer months and I'm hardly in front of the pc.

Great shot. Then it made me think about Harry Worth (you'll all be too young to remember him).

Windows is really great - perfect symmetry with the slightly cloudy side proving its a reflection.

Love the symmetry of this shot Nicky! Nicely done.
Thank you, I felt like an idiot lol.

Great shot. Then it made me think about Harry Worth (you'll all be too young to remember him).
Thank you for making me feel young... never heard of him. :)

Windows is really great - perfect symmetry with the slightly cloudy side proving its a reflection.
It's the white wall of an empty shop.

Well spotted. Makes an interesting image.
Thanks Helen.

Week 31 Abandoned..... I hope, it was an active wasps nest on the outside of our barn.

20230810-FXT48384-Edit.jpg

That's an interesting shot. I like the inclusion of the roof and the dof used.

Good focus, life is tough out there. Think I’d best not show this pic to my wife, not her favourite subject.

That's an interesting take on the theme, good work.
Thanks, it took me ages to find a spider that had some prey in it's web

Great colours and depth of field, liking the shot
Thanks Alan

Nice take on the them Nicky. Well shot too.
I took several different angles, it was a very obliging spider.

Good focus, life is tough out there. Think I’d best not show this pic to my wife, not her favourite subject.
yeah, best not lol.

Thanks for commenting everyone.

Beautiful "abandoned" shot Nicky, and a great take on the "possession" theme.

Very shiny, always think washing machine drums look high tech, your tripod in the middle?

Bloomin' lovely Sunflower :)

Snappers' is nice too - I'll leaf it at that :D

Back