Namllihs' 365 for 2010

A Loughborough landmark 'The Sock', by Shona Kinloch. The Sockman, as he is known localy, caused a stir in 1998 when he was unveiled as the statue had cost the local ratepayers £23,000.
As he stands today.
365011.jpg

11/365

My granddaughter Naomi.

12/365

Last edited:
hmm.. that statue is a bit wierd!

your grand daughter looks a little character.. love her shades :)

Thanks.
Some more parts for my robot project.
365013.jpg

13/365

I managed to get out of the house and go for a walk across the fields, which are still mostly covered in snow. So this is my first 365 shot that is not indoors or in my garden.

365014.jpg

14/365

will be interesting to see the finished robot!

like that.. not ventured outdoors for a shot in ages.. be nice to get out again once the snow clears!

Part of my robot project is a small 16 character by 2 lines LCD screen for showing information. It took me a while to solder the connections and then learn a little C++ programming to get it to work.

365015.jpg

15/365

I think I am going to shelve the 365 and just do the themed 52.
I have not been able to get any shots to post over the past few days, due to being in and out of hospital and it will probably be the same for the next few weeks..
Hopefuly I will be able to manage 1 shot a week.

Liking the LCD shot, the orange really stands out! I did a bit of VB programming back in A-Level computing but none of my programs seemed to work first time!

It can be quite a bit of effort trying to find a photo to take every day, so it shouldn't matter if you go for a 52. If it works better for you and keeps the quality up then you should have more time, and at the end of the day it is a personal project!

agree, the LCD shot is great!

have found it hard myself at times to get a photo up everyday and I only have work to contend with so can understand if you do decide to do a 52 instead.. as mentioned its your personal project so you make the rules ;) hope all goes well healthwise, take care!

Back