I'm not so sure about the first 2, but I think you've pretty much nailed composition, exposure and shutter speed to great effect on the 3rd one.

Yep - No3 is the shot!

Thanks folks. As for the leaves, I was pushing my luck going thus early. Another week or 2.

Lovely location, lovely set (y)

No1, is a little cluttered (My OCD) bits of branch fallen trees under the bridge, and clogged leaves that i find a little distracting and with very little water flow, it doesn't grab me.
No2 is a little better but the top LH corner is a little bright, like the texture in the log and the way that leads you in.
No3 Nailed this one;), nice movement in the water good composition, lovely shot Mark(y)
Nice work!

No1, is a little cluttered (My OCD) bits of branch fallen trees under the bridge, and clogged leaves that i find a little distracting and with very little water flow, it doesn't grab me.
No2 is a little better but the top LH corner is a little bright, like the texture in the log and the way that leads you in.
No3 Nailed this one;), nice movement in the water good composition, lovely shot Mark(y)
Nice work!

Thank you Sir.

Thank you Sir.
OMG you've given me a Knighthood? I'm just a mere skivvy guv;)
I try an be constructive as i can TBH i have found giving critique helps my own shots because i can self critique as i'm shooting...
I have some waterfall shots coming on here soon so you can murder me then:eek:

Not too keen on the first two. They appear to be a little un-interesting.

Love the 3rd :)

No 1:- I Like this shot, the branch is a little bit distracting, but it was there and with the others shows as nature made it. I find the green a little bit too bright to what in my minds eye it should have been, but it does make a bright colourful picture. Just seen this on Flicker, the green is not so bright.

No2:- As mentioned elsewhere a tad over exposed in places, I like the texture of the fallen tree but wonder what it would have looked like with a slightly higer view point which may have made the curve of the river more obvious.

No3:- I like the top 2/3rds but find the bottom a bit over powering and I don't feel it adds anything.

Just my 2ps worth.

Back