National Cleavage Day

There's no place for Celine Dion anywhere on this forum.....:nono:

I agree, don't make me close this thread :D

Oi you lot, this is all getting a bit brickyist
I've got a lovely rear end thank you very much :LOL:
And for your further horror, I've had my shirt off and shorts on most of the week, the only problem I've had is all them sexist women, whisltling and leering.... You lot should be ashamed, especially if you're not displaying in this lovely sunshine :D

On a side note, some people really need to lighten up a bit, if anyone thinks it's deviant or perverse to look at a pretty girl in a nice outfit, they're just simple wrong, mother nature made many beautiful things, ladies just happen to be one of my favoured creatures, and if they're a bit less covered up, god bless cleavage day (y)

:LOL: my husband is a builder too and a rugby player so I regularly appreciate the sight :D

As I was saying last night when someone commented on my rather low cut jumper, if you've got it, flaunt it :D

I'm subscribing to this thread

I like to keep abreast of developments, in fact it's a subject I like to keep in touch with and give all the support I can.

:coat:

That'd have to be Sea-Lion Dion, though, woudn't it...

That's terrible

:eek:ff to read the rule book over whether mods can ban mods for terrible jokes:

I'm subscribing to this thread

I like to keep abreast of developments, in fact it's a subject I like to keep in touch with and give all the support I can.

:coat:

Taxi for Gubby!!! :LOL:

I agree, don't make me close this thread :D

:LOL: my husband is a builder too and a rugby player so I regularly appreciate the sight :D

As I was saying last night when someone commented on my rather low cut jumper, if you've got it, flaunt it :D

If there's no pictures, it never happened :D
Good lass, it's all a bit of fun and titilation, oh no, hope I never boobed with that comment...... I'll stop now, before I get banned :LOL:
Or even worse, upset one of the less cheerful brigade who can't wait for this bloody sunshine to go away :bonk:

:D

I'm not bickering either, but seriously?

There's nothing sexist about saying that a man has no idea how it feels to be a woman. That's not an assumption, that's a biological fact. In much the same way, I have no idea how it feels to be a man. If you did have an idea how it feels to be belittled simply because of your gender and being reduced to a pair of boobs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're right though, the sun is shining and there's really no point in turning this discussion into a silly and pointless argument. Too bad I'm stuck in front of a computer instead of enjoying the fresh air.

so its fair to say that you arent going to get your breasts out for the general edification of the masses then :LOL:

I work in an office with four women and every day is a running discussion of men with nice arms, nice shoulders, nice bums , nice... etc amply demonstrating that women are just as capable of objectifying the oposite sex ( I also have gay freinds who objectify the same sex) - that said i'm not woried that they are thinking of me as a ruggedly handsome hunk :)exit:) rather than as a person, any more than they need fear being reduced to a pair of breasts as most people draw a line between ligh hearted banter and their actual personal interactions

point being that while i fully support the concept of equal rights and equal pay etc, i dont see anything wrong in either sex having a light hearted objectification of the other.

Last edited:
point being that while i fully support the concept of equal rights and equal pay etc, i dont see anything wrong in either sex having a light hearted objectification of the other.

It's a problem because the objectification of women is combined with the fact that we're still struggling for equality in some very crucial aspects of life. Frankly I find all objectifcation tedious and immature, regardless of gender (and as I mentioned in an earlier post, events like National Cleavage Day actually perpetuate harmful stereotypes about both genders), but it's particularly problematic for women because it's reducing a gender which is already discriminated against even further - considering that the female gender is still struggling to change persistent cultural notions of woman's sole purpose being for sex and reproduction, sexual objectification is a very direct obstacle in the path of equality, as it's the very thing we're fighting to overcome. Whereas because men are already in a position of cultural/social priviledge, this means that male objectification, while harmful to them in many ways, isn't quite as detrimental as it is to women; the issues women face which are exacerbated by objectification range from struggle for equal pay and equal opportunities for rising through corporate ranks, through to issues like rape which are at least partially fueled by objectification. In other words, while men obviously suffer from objectification too, women are far more likely to become victims of it.

I don't really think there's such a thing as "light hearted objectification", because all objectification is symptomatic of something deeper.

There's plenty of research and reading matter on this subject out there if you're interested in learning more.

Somebody get a stool for onona, to help her get off her high horse.

im not quite sure how this thread turned out this way when it started as a thread about a lighthearted subject that is optional for people to take part.

hell even leighs avatar has its boobs out..

BruceMo said:
If there's no pictures, it never happened :D
Good lass, it's all a bit of fun and titilation, oh no, hope I never boobed with that comment...... I'll stop now, before I get banned :LOL:
Or even worse, upset one of the less cheerful brigade who can't wait for this bloody sunshine to go away :bonk:

There may be pictures if I get through this bottle of wine before my mate arrives

:LOL:

Somebody get a stool for onona, to help her get off her high horse.

You know what? It really sucks the way any time anyone actually tries to engage anybody in an intelligent and interesting discussion here, they get accused of being arrogant, or on a high horse, or something like that.

Why are you so afraid of actually having a discussion with depth? Nowhere have I been rude, or arrogant, or condescending. The same, ironically, can't be said for you. Welcome to my ignore list.

'Scuse me, can we all agree to manage to draw a line between light hearted humour based on gender [for example, the current advert claiming to help you clean up behind kids, pets and even men] and genuine issues. I am not sure I 'like' a 'cleavage day' but for goodness sake, in the overall scheme of things there are far more important things to worry about in this world.

Now anyone know where I put my chill pills and v-cut top ;)

It's a problem because the objectification of women is combined with the fact that we're still struggling for equality in some very crucial aspects of life. Frankly I find all objectifcation tedious and immature, regardless of gender (and as I mentioned in an earlier post, events like National Cleavage Day actually perpetuate harmful stereotypes about both genders), but it's particularly problematic for women because it's reducing a gender which is already discriminated against even further - considering that the female gender is still struggling to change persistent cultural notions of woman's sole purpose being for sex and reproduction, sexual objectification is a very direct obstacle in the path of equality, as it's the very thing we're fighting to overcome. Whereas because men are already in a position of cultural/social priviledge, this means that male objectification, while harmful to them in many ways, isn't quite as detrimental as it is to women; the issues women face which are exacerbated by objectification range from struggle for equal pay and equal opportunities for rising through corporate ranks, through to issues like rape which are at least partially fueled by objectification. In other words, while men obviously suffer from objectification too, women are far more likely to become victims of it.

I don't really think there's such a thing as "light hearted objectification", because all objectification is symptomatic of something deeper.

There's plenty of research and reading matter on this subject out there if you're interested in learning more.

Well, I just read this aloud to my missus, and I'll give the polite version of she disagrees wholeheartedly with your very well put response, then she pulled her top even lower to show me her chabbies :LOL:
Bless her :love:
But we live in a harmonious house (mostly), with a lot of love and mutual respect. I really am struggling to see how anyone can have such a negative outlook on life and enjoy any aspect of it
But hey, it takes all sorts

I've tried changing my facebook profile picture to one that was taken a while back at a party but can't work out how to do it on my phone. Plus I'm trying to drink my wine :D

Well as my great grandmother used to tell how women with their knees or above showing (or anywhere near showing) or anything below the shoulder showing were considered to be... errmm... "working women", I actually think the fact a woman can show legs and cleavage to be a sign society has moved forwards.

People who are sexist, who don't treat women equally, it's not because a woman is showing cleavage, it's not because there's a national cleavage day - it's because they believe women are inferior. How they're dressed, what job they're doing and if they have kids won't effect that, those person's opinions aren't going to magically change.

And personally... if you ignore jokes (which don't bother me), I've found women tend to judge other women negatively far more than men ever do. And I live in deep dark Cornwall where good old fashioned sexism is still good and alive. If I talk about jobs/careers, the older men will normally encourage, the older women (and a lot of the younger women) are the ones who expect you to work in a shop until you find a husband so you can do your life's work of popping out kids.

Last edited:
There may be pictures if I get through this bottle of wine before my mate arrives

"shes from vigo, she's true blue
shes a p***head through and through
shes a drunkard so they say
tried to get to heaven went the other way....

get it down, you zulu warrior
get it down you chief... chief.. chief...."

OK a slight adaption of one of the drinking songs we had from rugby days at uni..... it did involve a yard of ale on your birthday (and you had to drink it before the whole song finished.....)

Oh for those days again.....

Anyway.. as the bloodhound gang once sung...... "hurrah for boobies..."

I really am struggling to see how anyone can have such a negative outlook on life

"Negative outlook on life"? What are you on about? The stuff I am talking about is based not on my personal outlook, but on facts which have been gathered through extensive studies and backed up by a lot of evidence - as I mentioned in my post, there's plenty of reading to be had if one is of the inclination to delve deeper than this thread.

I honestly cannot fathom why some people here seem so allergic to having a deeper knowledge and understanding of important aspects of the society and cultures of the world around us. It's not about being on a high horse or being negative, it's about taking an interest in the world we live in, and looking deeper into things we deal with on a daily basis. Honestly, I just cannot figure out why some of you have such a problem with this.

Suffice to say, I won't bother posting about it again.

*shrug*

Lynton said:
"shes from vigo, she's true blue
shes a p***head through and through
shes a drunkard so they say
tried to get to heaven went the other way....

get it down, you zulu warrior
get it down you chief... chief.. chief...."

OK a slight adaption of one of the drinking songs we had from rugby days at uni..... it did involve a yard of ale on your birthday (and you had to drink it before the whole song finished.....)

Oh for those days again.....

Anyway.. as the bloodhound gang once sung...... "hurrah for boobies..."

Ha ha. Yep, I know variations of that too. I've also had my turn of standing on a table and having the rugby club singing Alouette and we're not talking nursery rhyme version either.

WAITER!!!!!!!! :LOL:

:LOL: I love it when Kelly is posting from her phone, she can manage all sorts of amazing things, like making invisible posts and the like - you should see her in the staff room!!

Mind you, if she is still in London and not the Kentish sticks, I would be tempted to go and share the next bottle :D

I'm in Cornhill hun. We're heading over to Kensington Roof Gardens for about 7 ish if you want to join us

Leigh...... personally i love some of the stuff you post where it goes all into psychology and stuff... and some of the things I've googled and read a bit more on......

all i will say on this thread though is I think you are overreacting slightly, as as you are biting, others are feeding you more to snap up.....

It's a light hearted bit of fun. Like Pete (BSM) I too work in a mainly female office - and one of the girls in the postal department, will always slap me, or squeeze my bum or make some sarcastic comment / play a practical joke..... Now I could play the "I have been sexually assualted" / " I am being bullied" / or a whole host of other PC options I have, but I take it (and give it back in spades) in the general light hearted fun manner intended.....

.. which i am pretty sure that most on this forum are doing as well........... most of the guys in OOF , I have not met, but I kind of feel I know, as they regularly crop in in threads with some sensible and some stupid comments.

It is all meant and intended as fun - in fact there are two female mods on here, joining in..... we just need to get one through her bottle of wine.....

"Negative outlook on life"? What are you on about? The stuff I am talking about is based not on my personal outlook, but on facts which have been gathered through extensive studies and backed up by a lot of evidence - as I mentioned in my post, there's plenty of reading to be had if one is of the inclination to delve deeper than this thread.

I honestly cannot fathom why some people here seem so allergic to having a deeper knowledge and understanding of important aspects of the society and cultures of the world around us. It's not about being on a high horse or being negative, it's about taking an interest in the world we live in, and looking deeper into things we deal with on a daily basis. Honestly, I just cannot figure out why some of you have such a problem with this.

*shrug*

Some of us do want/have a deeper knowledge, but we do not want it shoved down our necks in a light hearted thread about cleaverages.:)

Anyway 2 pages and not one pic, shame on you lot ha ha ha!!! could post a few but might get jumped on by the not so happy today brigade:love:

Spike

*shrug*

And breathe.....
Big breaths now,....... yeth and I'm only theventeen :LOL:
Anyway
I think, like most people, I'm not out to offend or upset anyone, by what most people see as a bit of lighthearted fun, that's "what I'm on about"
I can see this really seems to upset a small percentage of people, but it reallys is intended and should be taken as a fun distraction from the gloom in the news

Don't let my opinion (or ignorance if you prefer) spoil your Friday, it's not worth stressing over really is it

BruceMo said:
WAITER!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Well she's here and is drinking vodka instead

Poor lonely bottle of wine

(and now you can stop laughing at me in the staff room as I managed to post instead of report :D)

Some of us do want/have a deeper knowledge, but we do not want it shoved down our necks in a light hearted thread about cleaverages.:)

Anyway 2 pages and not one pic, shame on you lot ha ha ha!!! could post a few but might get jumped on by the not so happy today brigade:love:

Spike

Finally..........
A decent roll model for us young easily influnced young stags :LOL:

Ha ha. Yep, I know variations of that too. I've also had my turn of standing on a table and having the rugby club singing Alouette and we're not talking nursery rhyme version either.

would that be "gentile Alouette" - her with the - one black one, one white one, one with a bit of ...

I'll stop now before I get the Lynton

:LOL::LOL:

Well she's here and is drinking vodka instead

Poor lonely bottle of wine

(and now you can stop laughing at me in the staff room as I managed to post instead of report :D)

vodka before sundown..... there is only one way the night is going to end.... carnage!

vodka before sundown..... there is only one way the night is going to end.... carnage!

Could get messy :LOL:
On that note, everyone else seems to be on the ****, so time to nip out for tea and a few pints, hopefully come back to some interesting updates :wave:

No, it's the version with tatty hair,broken nose, saggy tits etc :LOL:

And we're off to see our mate's son's band at Kensington Roof Gardens so it should be a good night

I'm fairly sure there was a bill passed in Parliament years ago making it law for women and men performing the same jobs within a company get equal pay.
I work for a large well known car manufacturer there are many women working in many different aspects within the workforce and all earn the same money as their male counterparts and there is certainly no discrimination as far as promotion is concerned either.

I don't know I offer a lady help, and she takes offence.:)

it's particularly problematic for women because it's reducing a gender which is already discriminated against even further - considering that the female gender is still struggling to change persistent cultural notions of woman's sole purpose being for sex and reproduction, sexual objectification is a very direct obstacle in the path of equality, as it's the very thing we're fighting to overcome. Whereas because men are already in a position of cultural/social priviledge, this means that male objectification, while harmful to them in many ways, isn't quite as detrimental as it is to women;

thats definitely a sexist statement - given that you have already acknowledged that you have no idea what its like to be a man you therefore also have no position to say what is or isnt detrimental to them (us) or in what measure . , and its quite clearly discriminatory to generalise that one sex is less harmed by conduct than the other - equality of treatment means just that that sexes should be treated equally.

the issues women face which are exacerbated by objectification range from struggle for equal pay and equal opportunities for rising through corporate ranks, through to issues like rape which are at least partially fueled by objectification. In other words, while men obviously suffer from objectification too, women are far more likely to become victims of it.

most psychologists feel that rape is usually more about power than it is sex , and its a very long leap from thinking that a girl has nice boobs to raping her - I regularly do the former but like 90+% of men would never do the latter and would beat the **** out of anyone who did

Also you are again generalising between sexes - men can be subject to rape too (well forcible buggery which ammounts to the same thing in all practical ways) , men can also be discriminated against and subject to unwelcome objectification in the work place , also in some PC organisations they are quite likely to be subject to 'positive discrimnation' (and oxymoron if ever there was one no discrimination is positive - equality should mean just that)

Also on your other point about why serious conversation and debate isnt always welcomed on here , theres a time an a place I (and others are happy to have a serious debate on a thread intended for it - it is the hijacking of light hearted threads into a serious debate that causes people to react badly)

Last edited:
I'd also mention that it isnt disciminatory to think that a girl has nice boobs , or that a man has a nice bum - its natural to think such things about whichever sex attracts you.

It is however discriminatory to treat them differently (either positively or negatively) because of their appearance (or sex, age, class, race, orientation, weight, height, religious or political beliefs , parenthood etc)

This thread is about the former - not the latter.

one of the girls in the postal department, will always slap me, or squeeze my bum .

In primitive societies (like norfolk :exit:) thats practically an invitation to marry - you need to go and see her dad with the usually dowry (two sacks of spuds and a sack of beat ) asap , before he comes looking for you with a pitch fork :LOL:

Ironically there's an episode of the simpsons on channel 4 + 1 just now, which is very fitting to this subject!

Back