National Cleavage Day

According to Samantha Paterson, the brand manager for Wonderbra, the National Cleavage Day is started according to a design to solemnise women's independence and power in all facets of life, from their careers to their relationships to their own destiny.

What a pile of ****ing ****.

Perfect weather for it as well :D

Love the abbreviation, NCD, my Mrs has 65% on her car insurance, I always wondered what that meant and its protected.
Mind you we only have 30% on our household insurance, why the difference? :)

Matt

It's already in the UK, it's just known by the more appropriate name of Sad Desperate Perverts Day.

:shrug: I'm unclear why people think that...its a little fun in SA and I do wish the PC brigade in the UK wouldn't label things as 'Sad desperate perverts' and possibly enjoy things in the spirit they are meant instead.

Why can't we have a day when women are encouraged to cover up?!

My wifes fun bags scare the life out of me.....a day off from this would be much appreciated!! :help:

Damien!!!

:LOL:

I was a day early with my jumper that tends to show cleavage.

Sorry!

:shrug: I'm unclear why people think that...its a little fun in SA and I do wish the PC brigade in the UK wouldn't label things as 'Sad desperate perverts' and possibly enjoy things in the spirit they are meant instead.

PC Brigade? :LOL:

I make no apologies for not seeing the 'fun' side of standing in front of a woman (except most tend to hide behind a keyboard) and effectively saying "Go on, pull your top down a bit so I can see more of your breasts. Go on. It's fun"

Try it at work and see how that goes.

It's been mentioned to me at work and I laughed. I took it as light hearted fun :shrug:

However, it will be mentioned a lot more at the rugby club, I'm sure :LOL:

PC Brigade? :LOL:

I make no apologies for not seeing the 'fun' side of standing in front of a woman (except most tend to hide behind a keyboard) and effectively saying "Go on, pull your top down a bit so I can see more of your breasts. Go on. It's fun"

Try it at work and see how that goes.

I would, but getting slapped isn't my favourite way to pass the day. (along with the vast majority I'm sure you know I've more respect for people then that, as I'm sure do you).

I'm sure you and I both know that really isn't the point being made. Its a light hearted subject being treated in a light hearted way (seriously it is). Why not see it that way and enjoy it for that?, hence the PC brigade comments ;)

anyway my two pence worth, I'm sure your milage varies

I would, but getting slapped isn't my favourite way to pass the day. (along with the vast majority I'm sure you know I've more respect for people then that, as I'm sure do you).

I'm sure you and I both know that really isn't the point being made. Its a light hearted subject being treated in a light hearted way (seriously it is). Why not see it that way and enjoy it for that?, hence the PC brigade comments ;)

anyway my two pence worth, I'm sure your milage varies

If it's 'lighthearted fun', why would you get slapped?

You've made my point for me.

I really take issue with this labelling of people who have an issue with this as simply being a "PC brigade". Sexism is alive and flourishing despite laws which exist to eliminate it, while events like National Cleavage Day (which is really just thinly disguised marketing anyway), Steak and a Blowjob Day and all these other BS "celebrations" do nothing more than perpetuate harmful stereotypes about both genders and belittle people by reducing them to parts of their bodies.

Perhaps you wouldn't think it's "just a little fun" if you were a woman earning considerably less money than your opposite gender colleagues just because you have boobs and a vagina. The fact is that as a man, you have no idea how tiresome it is to live your entire life being expected to just accept the fact that you're going to be reduced to tits and ass by a large percentage of men on a daily basis. Believe me, it's not even remotely fun.

Just last night I was violently yanked backwards and shoved aside while trying to board a bus by an Arab man who just had to get on the bus in front of me. Because, you know, I'm just a ****ing woman and should know my place. Right? Right. National Cleavage Day may seem like harmless fun to you, but the fact is that it's a symptom of the sexism that we have to deal with every ****ing day of our lives. Sexism that's so deeply ingrained that most people of both genders barely even recognise it.

And my point will likely be proven by an inevitable smattering of posts following this telling me to lighten up, or stop being a feminazi or to go get laid or something equally tiresome and predictable.

If it's 'lighthearted fun', why would you get slapped?

You've made my point for me.

ooh a quote out of context ;) I've made no point for you. Its not 'encourage people to make stupid comments to co-workers day' is it? I'm afraid if you can't see the difference between your example and the intention of this then in no way have I made your point for you. As I said I view it as fun, you don't.

Right, stop bickering the lot of you

Please

or I will post a photo of my covered up cleavage :D

Or even worse, I will get some of the builders on the site round the corner to show me their cleavage

Just last night I was violently yanked backwards and shoved aside while trying to board a bus by an Arab man who just had to get on the bus in front of me. Because, you know, I'm just a ****ing woman and should know my place.

That's not sexism, that's just plain rude.

But you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about it love. ;) :D

Shamelessly stolen from Jimmy Carr

Or even worse, I will get some of the builders on the site round the corner to show me their cleavage

Until you've followed a bricky up a ladder you don't know the true horrors that life can hold :puke:

I really take issue with this labelling of people who have an issue with this as simply being a "PC brigade". Sexism is alive and flourishing despite laws which exist to eliminate it, while events like National Cleavage Day (which is really just thinly disguised marketing anyway), Steak and a Blowjob Day and all these other BS "celebrations" do nothing more than perpetuate harmful stereotypes about both genders and belittle people by reducing them to parts of their bodies.

I realise its just very badly disguised marketing. I do think that the majority of the BS celebrations are a backlash against elements of our society today. Nothing more. For example

Perhaps you wouldn't think it's "just a little fun" if you were a woman earning considerably less money than your opposite gender colleagues just because you have boobs and a vagina. The fact is that as a man, you have no idea how tiresome it is to live your entire life being expected to just accept the fact that you're going to be reduced to tits and ass by a large percentage of men on a daily basis. Believe me, it's not even remotely fun.

but thats not to say have the right to use your sex as a weapon which is what you've just done, any more then I have any right to use mine. Which is what you've just done

Just last night I was violently yanked backwards and shoved aside while trying to board a bus by an Arab man who just had to get on the bus in front of me. Because, you know, I'm just a ****ing woman and should know my place. Right? Right. National Cleavage Day may seem like harmless fun to you, but the fact is that it's a symptom of the sexism that we have to deal with every ****ing day of our lives. Sexism that's so deeply ingrained that most people of both genders barely even recognise it.

And my point will likely be proven by an inevitable smattering of posts following this telling me to lighten up, or stop being a feminazi or to go get laid or something equally tiresome and predictable.

In no way meaning to belittle that argument, I had the exact same thing done to me at embankment tube a couple of weeks ago. I'm a 6 foot bloke with a shaved head. I'm sure the person doing it wasn't doing it to belittle me or for any reason other then being f******* rude.

I do believe that this is intended as fun (and marketing BS) nothing more.

anyway lighten up :D:D.

apparently as a man I have 'No idea...........', as I pointed out to you that assumption on your part is just as sexist as you maintain most of the population is.

Anyway, I've no wish to bicker. Its a light hearted idea behind the day (even if BS), the sun is shining, so how about we both lighten up :p:p

I'm not bickering either, but seriously?

apparently as a man I have 'No idea...........', as I pointed out to you that assumption on your part is just as sexist as you maintain most of the population is.

There's nothing sexist about saying that a man has no idea how it feels to be a woman. That's not an assumption, that's a biological fact. In much the same way, I have no idea how it feels to be a man. If you did have an idea how it feels to be belittled simply because of your gender and being reduced to a pair of boobs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're right though, the sun is shining and there's really no point in turning this discussion into a silly and pointless argument. Too bad I'm stuck in front of a computer instead of enjoying the fresh air.

I have grown up in a rugby club and there's just as much banter about boobs as there is about men's packages and bums, we give as good as we get

Now, everyone lighten up please

I will be going for a wander with my camera on my phone otherwise

I thank you :D

Until you've followed a bricky up a ladder you don't know the true horrors that life can hold :puke:

Oi you lot, this is all getting a bit brickyist
I've got a lovely rear end thank you very much :LOL:
And for your further horror, I've had my shirt off and shorts on most of the week, the only problem I've had is all them sexist women, whisltling and leering.... You lot should be ashamed, especially if you're not displaying in this lovely sunshine :D

On a side note, some people really need to lighten up a bit, if anyone thinks it's deviant or perverse to look at a pretty girl in a nice outfit, they're just simple wrong, mother nature made many beautiful things, ladies just happen to be one of my favoured creatures, and if they're a bit less covered up, god bless cleavage day (y)

Back