National league

Name
Liam
Edit My Images
No
Hi all!

Been reading some threads on this forum for a week or two which has given me the ability to get my national league license.(never knew how to before)

Just a couple of questions in regards to what I can and can't do

In the contract it says about not being able to edit pictures. Does this include slightly cropping to give the picture abit more character but not in any way to change what is happening? Also can I change things such as the contrast, brightness and hue/saturation levels etc?

Just wanted to check as got abit confused with the wording of it all!!

Thanks all!

bog standard editing is OK .. you cant change the pic.. spot colouring or moving the ball stuff like that.. however cropping, straightening and general tidy up stuff everyone does is OK .. changing the pic to something else isn't

thats the way i have always taken it :)

bog standard editing is OK .. you cant change the pic.. spot colouring or moving the ball stuff like that.. however cropping, straightening and general tidy up stuff everyone does is OK .. changing the pic to something else isn't

thats the way i have always taken it :)

Ah brilliant! That's what I thought but just wanted to double check before I did it! Also am I able to use the pictures as say part of a banner on my website or not?

Looking forward to starting in the national league... starting off with a D7200 with a 70-200 f2.8 lens and a d3200 as my backup!

You can use for your own website promotion last time I looked.. however this is I think my 14th year and I just renew and stopped reading it a while ago :)

You can use for your own website promotion last time I looked.. however this is I think my 14th year and I just renew and stopped reading it a while ago :)

Haha can't blame you! I read it all and was abit confused!! Especially because they mention section 7b i and 7b ii however are actually meaning to refer to section 6 b,I,ii haha!

I'll be shooting in Kent mostly! Where do you shoot? Does the pass give you access to playoff games also or just the main league??

Only use mine once or twice a season as only local club to me that the paper pay for is Chorley. Yes playoffs, should even let you apply for the fa vase and fa trophy finals at wembley.. also fa cup games that conf teams play in..

Only use mine once or twice a season as only local club to me that the paper pay for is Chorley. Yes playoffs, should even let you apply for the fa vase and fa trophy finals at wembley.. also fa cup games that conf teams play in..

Thanks Kipax you've been a great help!!

When you say apply does the national league put it up or do I contact them or clubs??

Thanks Kipax you've been a great help!!

When you say apply does the national league put it up or do I contact them or clubs??

In all honesty i cant remember how i applied.. done both finals at places like west ham and aston villa.. done conf playoff final at wembley all using conf licence but so long ago i cant recall.. will be easy enough when the time comes.. just ask on here :)

Where in Kent? I'm based in Kent. We may cross paths!

Does the pass give you access to playoff games also or just the main league??

If you're a 'ground hopper' you may run up against clubs that limit the number of snappers for matches and play-offs. They give preference to press and club photographers. Apply in advance. For example, Dover Athletic have some silly stuff about bar codes and won't let you in to photograph without it. Some clubs are worse than others.

If you're a 'ground hopper' you may run up against clubs that limit the number of snappers for matches and play-offs. They give preference to press and club photographers. Apply in advance. For example, Dover Athletic have some silly stuff about bar codes and won't let you in to photograph without it. Some clubs are worse than others.

Barcodes?? Was looking to do Dover ASAP could you inbox me about it??

I'm in ashford so looking at Dover as Maidstone have been so poor this year!

Maidstone have a nice new stand, but even though they are struggling might still be worth a visit. I've pm'd you about Dover.

Hi again all me again! ;)

I've been booked to shoot at a cup final which will be taking place in Maidstone United's stadium in May.
In terms of access when contacting the league they have never had to deal with a photographer wanting to go into the final so have said it should be fine if I stay in the dug out with a team.

However would my national league license cover this game as it is in a national league stadium?
If so I would be better off contacting Maidstone about access rather than the league?

Thanks

Who booked you? Shouldn't they sort out access?

Which league is that?

Last edited:
My guess is that your national league licence is not relevant. your public liability insurance is, though. So make sure you take that just in case someone asks.

My guess is that your national league licence is not relevant. your public liability insurance is, though. So make sure you take that just in case someone asks.
Was thinking of taking that and just sitting in the corner until someone says something... can't see why I can't be there when I can for higher level games... good idea printing out my insurance though!!

Back