Nearly made a terrible mistake!

Edit My Images
No
Last August I bought myself a Sigma 18-35 f1.8. Since then I've hardly used it and it got to the point I put it up for sale & enquired about part exchanging it. There was no real interest & the part ex price was pretty low so I figured I would keep it, get out more with it & use it to its potential!

Took it out today & got some of my favourite family shots in ages! Anyone else had a near escape selling an item of gear?

yep i nearly sold my eos 3 and eos 30E - I'm glad i didnt as they are still incredibly good cameras for the ocasional day i want to shoot filum

I had an EOS 5, regret selling that, now you mention film cameras :(

I had an EOS 5, regret selling that, now you mention film cameras :(

peanuts on ebay if you want toget another one

I've regretting seeing pretty much everything I've ever sold.

I really did like my Siggy 12-24mm, 20mm f1.8, 30mm f1.4, 50 and 85mm f1.4's and 150mm f2.8 but they had to be used on my 5D and I wanted a smaller package. I also regretted selling my Sigma 28-300mm. It wasn't a great lens but it was a good day out lens and I took some of my favourite pictures with it.

Another I regret selling was a Voigtlander 25mm f0.95, a very good lens for MFT.

I regret selling my film gear too but it wasn't getting used.

I've regretting seeing pretty much everything I've ever sold.

Me too, especially the kit I sold quickly. The one I regret most was a Leica Summicron-C 40mm f/2. I needed the money at the time but I wished I'd gone to Wonga instead :)

Regret is pointless. It's an emotional bog and a spiritual culdesac. Avoid it, and cultivate the moment. The past cannot be changed.

No regrets about selling photographic gear in the past. It doesn't really mean anything to me anyway, just 'stuff'. I did have to sell a S & W M60 years ago, when I needed the money badly. I wish that hadn't been necessary...

I sold my soul to the devil and never looked back :)

Seriously, Ive just sold my X-E2 and bought an X-T1 and I m not sure yet if its a mistake :(

I sold my soul to the devil and never looked back :)

Seriously, Ive just sold my X-E2 and bought an X-T1 and I m not sure yet if its a mistake :(
I did the same. Went into Jessops yesterday and played with an X30 and X-E2. Forgotten how nice they were. Luckily, Mrs A came along before I got my wallet out......

I did the same. Went into Jessops yesterday and played with an X30 and X-E2. Forgotten how nice they were. Luckily, Mrs A came along before I got my wallet out......
Having just bought a new macbook thinking about selling the X-T1 and buying and X-E2 from the refurb store although non in stock at the mo

Not sold any camera kit and wished I hadn't but do wish I still had a couple of the cars from my past. Having said that, one went to scrap and the other was starting to rot again so, much as I might like them back, I'd want them in mint condition rather than as I sold them!

Back