Nec photography show 2019

It's a generic security statement from the NEC, so what ever event you attend you will see this added to the email. So depending on the event you attending will depend what you're allowed to take in with you. Don't think that the organisers/security of a Concert would take too kindly a punter turning up with Camera kit :)

I'm going just take my camera and one lens, but this is only because I want to take a look at the Canon R, but want to see about using my Sigma lenses via the mount is like. Could be the deal breaker or maker.
what day are you going Ellie?

@SsSsSsSsSnake

Going on Tuesday

Hoping it will be quieter, so that I can have a proper look at the canon R.

At the moment I'm at across roads, I want a mirrorless camera, but full frame so kinda of got it down to two camera's

Either the Sony A7 3 or the Canon R.

I've seen the A7 and what it can do, I do like it but means having to buy new glass for it, I know that you can get a convert mount to use Canon FE lenses, but you do lose some of the function of the lenses.

The Canon R though means with the adaptor that seems to be included with it, I can use all my FE lenses, as keeping to same systems as such. But some of the reviews are negative in a manner, video side of a camera doesn't interest me so this isn't a deal breaker at all.

So really want to play with the Canon R, and never know if they've got any decent deals on either camera, might just come home with one. but that's a very maybe. Probably playing with them, might just make me more confuddled than I'm already am about swapping over to mirrorless.

But for out and about, I really do need to lighten my load a bit.

@SsSsSsSsSnake

Going on Tuesday

Hoping it will be quieter, so that I can have a proper look at the canon R.

At the moment I'm at across roads, I want a mirrorless camera, but full frame so kinda of got it down to two camera's

Either the Sony A7 3 or the Canon R.

I've seen the A7 and what it can do, I do like it but means having to buy new glass for it, I know that you can get a convert mount to use Canon FE lenses, but you do lose some of the function of the lenses.

The Canon R though means with the adaptor that seems to be included with it, I can use all my FE lenses, as keeping to same systems as such. But some of the reviews are negative in a manner, video side of a camera doesn't interest me so this isn't a deal breaker at all.

So really want to play with the Canon R, and never know if they've got any decent deals on either camera, might just come home with one. but that's a very maybe. Probably playing with them, might just make me more confuddled than I'm already am about swapping over to mirrorless.

But for out and about, I really do need to lighten my load a bit.
not interested in the Z6 or Z7 Nikons then?

Not taken a look at them, the reason why I use a canon, when I brought my first entry level camera, I looked at both Canon and Nikon, the deal breaker was the Menu, I found that the canon menu for me, was more intuitive than the Nikon's..... Hubby got a Nikon I so hate having to look for anything on his camera menu.

But might take a peek at their spec's,

Pre-booked my car parking today - gerrin excited now :)

Received an email from the photography show (actually seems to be from the NEC) today stating

Please arrive as early as possible to allow time for enhanced security checks and we encourage you to only bring essential items. Bags the size of a small laptop bag or handbag are advisable, but small portable empty hand carry trolleys may be allowed into the event.”

I was looking to consider a new camera bag. Therefore ideally wanted to take my current bag with my camera etc so I could check any bags I think are suitable will hold what I want it to. I know previously you could take in your own equipment to try either lens or bags etc. I’llprobably contact them directly to confirm but I assume it’s still going to be ok to bring stuff to trial products.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a general security note. Hopefully their security checks will be better than last year. I had my bag checked and all they did was open it and look in it. They only saw my coat in the top but didn’t remove it to check further.

I usually take my small f stop guru backpack. It’s a nice size to carry our coats, a couple of drink bottles and some bits. Sometimes I take a camera body if I want to test some lenses. I wouldn’t take anything more than that as it’s not really needed. I’ve never understood the photography sections where there are some plant etc set up for you to take photos and I’m not interested in taking photos of any models.

T.P should sell badges or do a home printer logo that we can wear for I.d , s*** forget that I’ve p***ed off to many people :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

I,ll be there Sunday say hello if you know me , if not don’t worry I don’t know you either

Going on monday, mainly for the video aspect for work. Should be interesting as we are currently investing in some new kit for the year so lets see how good some of these sales people are!

i will be wearing Levi 501's with a Denim Wrangler jacket and light tan leather shoes,hair about a number 2 balding somewhat on top but not totallly,with a tallish fair haired mate.im the good looking one :LOL::LOL:

is the mate male/ female or one of these new fangled thinggummybobs

I actually want to go everyday this year for the talks. There is someone I want to see practically daily but it is a bit far for 45mins.

Going to be there Saturday instead, probably from 10am onwards until 3:30. If anyone going to the Pete Souza or Lara Jade talk, might catch you there.

I want see Mike Browne,I like his videos and his personality,saw Gordon Lang walking round last year ,Damian Lovegrove year before The Chinese chap ex digital rev and Scott kelby,Kevin Mullins and the Nikon speed
It’s guy.its weird when you see them live instead of on YouTube,you can’t stop and rewind lol

Can anybody tell me where I can find a floorplan ahead of time. My knee injury will mean I can't waste steps!

Went one year with some people from the camera club, they stayed about 3 hours the when they seen what they wanted , decided it was time to leave.May go by myself this year but the train from Warringto is £65-00 return plus admission ,food and a beer a good £100-00,have to think twice.

Went one year with some people from the camera club, they stayed about 3 hours the when they seen what they wanted , decided it was time to leave.May go by myself this year but the train from Warringto is £65-00 return plus admission ,food and a beer a good £100-00,have to think twice.

That’s my issue - also going from Warrington. Tempted just to drive!

That’s my issue - also going from Warrington. Tempted just to drive!

Car share? :D

I usually take a camera with me as I have always found the comic.con characters to be quiet photogenic , so this year without them is it worth taking one or just use the I.phone .hmmmm .. I’m not one for trying to get shots of the models on the stands the crowds around them always look to me like a bunch of dirty old men .. ?

Taking my Panasonic for a free sensor clean and check over
Leave it with them and collect near leaving time, not lugging it around all day for nothing

Taking my Panasonic for a free sensor clean and check over
Leave it with them and collect near leaving time, not lugging it around all day for nothing
I took a 80d in a few years ago for a free clean , they totally f***ed it up , worse than before ended up doing it myself at home full wet clean

I took a 80d in a few years ago for a free clean , they totally f***ed it up , worse than before ended up doing it myself at home full wet clean
Maybe I won't then, do tend to be in the if it ain't broke camp, not like I mind doing a wet clean.
Bit worrying having so much space in my rucksack, could get filled with something new.

Going for the first time this year, on Saturday. Not sure what to expect, I don't think I'd be going if my OH hadn't bought us tickets as a surprise!

I've picked out a few of the talks I think I wouldn't mind attending, but I hadn't thought about taking my camera until I read some of the recent posts; so is it really worth taking my camera? Are there things set up for you to shoot?

I've picked out a few of the talks I think I wouldn't mind attending, but I hadn't thought about taking my camera until I read some of the recent posts; so is it really worth taking my camera? Are there things set up for you to shoot?

I would have said don't bother bringing equipment unless you want to try it with something as suggested earlier like lenses, cases etc. There are a few things set up for people to shoot but nothing noteworthy.

worth taking your camera if you want to try a few lenses on your own body, if you want to take pictures of things while you are there then just stick to your phone
I would have said don't bother bringing equipment unless you want to try it with something as suggested earlier like lenses, cases etc. There are a few things set up for people to shoot but nothing noteworthy.

Thanks. :)

Back