Need a coloured backdrop - for free?

Edit My Images
Yes
Trying out a twist on an idea from the Strobist DVD trailer...

2870793761_d081550b90.jpg

Can you work out what was used for the background lighting effect?

Compact disc?

I'm getting messages from Elvis...

And what exactly did you do with both of these :shrug: .. I ask as my brain is still not on full throttle to figure it out.

My guess would be that he used the lid of the box file as the skirt, the inside of the box file as the background and fired a second flash through the orange bottle to provide some additional coloured light on the background.

But what gave the ground that reflectiveness? Also, how did the seam become so "invisible"? Whatever was done, it was done well .. and a very creative use of household items.

I did some thing like that the other night to great effect,

Though I used a coloured bottle of tesco's ginger beer & a car head lamp, it was a true last moment idea of genius or maybe just bodge tastic.

lenscover.jpg

lenscover2.jpg

And what exactly did you do with both of these :shrug: .. I ask as my brain is still not on full throttle to figure it out.

I used three flashguns - one to the right (as you view the pic) of the battery with just a clear omnibounce on it and two on the left. One bare for highlights and the third fired through the bottle of Irn Bru towards the blue file with was about 18 inches behind the battery. The spill from the rear flash hit the box giving the blue background colour.

Thank you for the clarification. As I've said .. a very creative means to get to this :clap:

Have a look in your kitchen/study, failing that take your camera and props into Staples and do your shooting there :LOL:

Why does it HAVE to be diet bru?

Does the less sugar have an effect?

I have never bought diet bru. and possibly will have too.

Ahhh....you see the Diet variety has a lower refractive index than regular Irn Bru, due to the zero sugar content. The sugar in regular Irn Bru would cause the light output from the flash to react in a dangerous manner with plastics in the bottle which in turn may cause a slow down in the world economy......

Ahaa. I see.

Still I must stop drinking it. It has done things to my bladder I dont think you lots would wanna hear.

But anyways. A good investment I must say. About £2-3 in expenses. Pretty cheap (y)

Back