1. jonoooo125

jonoooo125

Name:
    Jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    not like a rain cover but like a dry bag but rucksack, going on holiday in a few weeks and i want to take my phone, 360 camera and spare batteries and memory cards which aren't waterproof.

i thought about a peli micro case but not very practical to carry around all day.

another question is if i put a wet camera inside will the bag dry ok over night? im taking a gopro and tg-5 which will more than likely get wet so i might end up getting the peli (1050) afterall, for inside the bag too but it doesn't say its rated for immersion, it just says watertight which is why i think ill need a dry bag.

i dont want to spend loads of money, it will only be used on holiday for 10 days so maybe £20-30 and it doesnt need to be massive either, will only be taking the camera stuff, probably water and sun cream.

obviously i have googled it and found this but i wondered if anyone had any recommendations to anything else.

2. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    what about using plastic bags? they are light to carry and easy to have several. If it starts to rain that is what my camera goes into. And what is more cheap will fit into any carrying bag and not take up much room

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  3. AgentOrange76

AgentOrange76

Name:
    James
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    keeweeman likes this.
  4. zendog

zendog

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  5. jonoooo125

jonoooo125

Name:
    Jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I didn’t trust them to put my phone in and if it didn’t seal all the way just one time, my stuff will get soaked, I would probably get the little dry bags before I use ziplock type ones but thank you

That was my first thought but then my bag will be soggy all day whilst carrying it and it will get other stuff wet inside it, thanks for the link

Thank you, I hadn’t thought about the sweaty part of it though

6. Giblets

Giblets

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  7. Tringa

Tringa

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You could use a number of dry sacks.

Alternatively a dry sack, for your photo gear, inside a rucksack liner, for the rest of your gear.

It could be something like this - https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/104504-eurohike-waterproof-rucksack-liner-55-75l.html

I got liner free with a walking mag a few years ago. It is just a thicker plastic sack. I reckon a ruble sack from a DIY store would do the job.

Dave

8. HoppyUK

HoppyUK

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    dave.hallett likes this.
  9. jonoooo125

jonoooo125

Name:
    Jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I wouldn’t be able to carry it over my shoulder or on my back but thank you for the option

Those bags look like a good option, thank you, waterproof and no sweaty back
    All the cameras will be out of the bag over night, I was just wondering about any residual water but if I turn it inside out I’m sure it will dry enough

Thank you, will have a look at these

10. Tringa

Tringa

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry Jon, I thought you already had some sort of bag and needed something inside it to keep your gear dry.

Hope you get what you need.

Dave

jonoooo125 likes this.