Need clarity on the these.

Name
XABA
Edit My Images
Yes
What is specular reflection? And what happens to light when it passes at an angle into a denser medium such as glass?

Google is your friend :thinking:

Not everything from google is correct. Fool

That's not nice is it? He's right - you should research it yourself and not expect us to do it for you. In my day we'd spend days at a time in a library researching something, now you only need to ask a search engine, but that's too difficult for you? :facepalm:

Insulting someone is a quick way to getting yourself banned from the forum anyway . . .

That's not nice is it? He's right - you should research it yourself and not expect us to do it for you. In my day we'd spend days at a time in a library researching something, now you only need to ask a search engine, but that's too difficult for you? :facepalm:

Insulting someone is a quick way to getting yourself banned from the forum anyway . . .

I apologize for coming at him in a that I did, thing is.. he's been rude to some of people who asked questions in this forum and since he's been in the field for so long, I figured that someone of his status should know how to talk to people. His communication skills aren't so good, and I believe that if he doesn't want to engage in some of these discussions he should just keep his comments to himself.

And I again I apologize.

This is a friendly forum BABA :naughty:

I know it is and I get that we all have different perspectives about certain things, I apologize for coming at you so hard. But dude your comment on other people's post are just unnecessary if you feel like saying something like this please gain think again.

We didn't join this forum to get belittled but to engage with other photographers and get to learn from them.

Welcome to the forum, it's always nice to have new members. But it is even better to be POLITE (y)

Thank you for your warm welcome. He's just rude to other people. We all know google can answer some of our questions, books as well. But this forum offers something that google doesn't.. we talk to people who went through different experiences and have certain skills.
Maybe he should also google good communication skills

Thank you for your warm welcome. He's just rude to other people. We all know google can answer some of our questions, books as well. But this forum offers something that google doesn't.. we talk to people who went through different experiences and have certain skills.
Maybe he should also google good communication skills

This is the Best photography forum I have ever used, some/most of the members are very helpful if a question has been asked. Just remember there is never a stupid question at all as we all learn our love of photography.

We didn't join this forum to get belittled but to engage with other photographers and get to learn from them.

I'm glad to hear it...

now, on the point of "engage with other photographers...." maybe I can offer you and all your friends who have signed up to this forum a little bit of advice...

if you sign up, and your first post is a single sentance question asking "what is...." - you're going to get a few of the members pushing back or saying "just do your own homework/google it".

However, if you go into the beginners forum, introduce yourself, give a quick "biography" or details of what you do, what you like shooting, what you feel you'd like to learn from being here, and how you think you could maybe help others on here" then you'll get a far more welcoming response.

If you then proceed to share some of your photo's in one of the photo sharing sections that'd be brilliant. Same thing if you apply your knowledge of photography to giving critique and feedback on other peoples images,

What I'm saying here, is that this is a community, not just a reference library staffed by people for your assitance. Join, participate, give something to the community, and it'll be reciprocated many, many times over.

Don't be offended if people post links to various websites in answer to a question, very often these posted links ARE the best resource that the person knows to explain it - it's a "curated" link if you will. I've posted many links to your college compatriots questions already - because, frankly, the best info I know was in them, and not only was I not going to plagiarise the other site, I wasn't about to re-type 5000+ words and source multiple photos and diagrams in illustration.

You may notice a marker against my name stating that I'm a Staff Member here. As such, what i've stated above would probably be a good thing to take on board, and to pass onto your friends who may also be posting on here - and perhaps also feed back to the lecturer who pointed you at this forum in the first place...

Enjoy your time within our community :)

Last edited:
I apologize for coming at him in a that I did, thing is.. he's been rude to some of people who asked questions in this forum and since he's been in the field for so long, I figured that someone of his status should know how to talk to people. His communication skills aren't so good, and I believe that if he doesn't want to engage in some of these discussions he should just keep his comments to himself.

And I again I apologize.
Welcome to TP
One thing that I now do on this forum is Ignore those people who I consider to be rude etc.
If you put your cursor on their name to the left of their post some information about them appears, including an Ignore button. Just click that and you never have to view their posts again!

Welcome to TP
One thing that I now do on this forum is Ignore those people who I consider to be rude etc.
If you put your cursor on their name to the left of their post some information about them appears, including an Ignore button. Just click that and you never have to view their posts again!

I have already done that thank you

I'm glad to hear it...

now, on the point of "engage with other photographers...." maybe I can offer you and all your friends who have signed up to this forum a little bit of advice...

if you sign up, and your first post is a single sentance question asking "what is...." - you're going to get a few of the members pushing back or saying "just do your own homework/google it".

However, if you go into the beginners forum, introduce yourself, give a quick "biography" or details of what you do, what you like shooting, what you feel you'd like to learn from being here, and how you think you could maybe help others on here" then you'll get a far more welcoming response.

If you then proceed to share some of your photo's in one of the photo sharing sections that'd be brilliant. Same thing if you apply your knowledge of photography to giving critique and feedback on other peoples images,

What I'm saying here, is that this is a community, not just a reference library staffed by people for your assitance. Join, participate, give something to the community, and it'll be reciprocated many, many times over.

Don't be offended if people post links to various websites in answer to a question, very often these posted links ARE the best resource that the person knows to explain it - it's a "curated" link if you will. I've posted many links to your college compatriots questions already - because, frankly, the best info I know was in them, and not only was I not going to plagiarise the other site, I wasn't about to re-type 5000+ words and source multiple photos and diagrams in illustration.

You may notice a marker against my name stating that I'm a Staff Member here. As such, what i've stated above would probably be a good thing to take on board, and to pass onto your friends who may also be posting on here - and perhaps also feed back to the lecturer who pointed you at this forum in the first place...

Enjoy your time within our community :)

Thank you so much for your input. I'll definitely tell my mates about the information I got from you..

Very helpful indeed I'm already exploring some of the options the forum has. And familiarizing myself with everything.

So thank you.

Okay folks - if we can all now make like trains and get this thread back on track...

what was it again - oh yes... specular reflection

Back