Need help choosing mono or color

joescrivens

Suspended / Banned
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
my son LOVES running away from us, he finds it hilarious. I captured this one of him in the act and am torn between mono or color.

What do you think, and any other crit is welcome

IMG_6219 by JoeBoyMan, on Flickr

IMG_6219BW by JoeBoyMan, on Flickr

Black and white is my preference.

The B&W does it no justice for me. Bright smile deserves a a bright photo IMHO. This one I'm sure will have you smiling for years.

black and white background and bring back the colours of your son, cheesy maybe but i like that look.

Colour Joe. I've always felt that children are such colourful creatures that to turn them to black and white takes that away.

The cooling off of the greens in the distance gives a greater sense of depth in the colour version. So colour for me.

COLOUR.. without a shadow of doubt...

I would crop it and clone out the chain link fence and tree too.

Colour popped with white vignette :)

Colour processed one for me too - the colour really brings out the depth.

Colour all the way on this one!

Too much grey in the B&W.

agree with the crop as loads of "nothing in there" as well

If you're going to crop out stuff and crop it as suggested you might as well bin it. It's fine as is, a crop will leave you with a very small file (unless you want too much space above the head) and will make it more obvious there's a post coming out of his head too. The empty space works - especially it it's going to be a large print.

With all this feedback I bet you wished you hadn't asked!!

If you're going to crop out stuff and crop it as suggested you might as well bin it. It's fine as is, a crop will leave you with a very small file (unless you want too much space above the head) and will make it more obvious there's a post coming out of his head too. The empty space works - especially it it's going to be a large print.

Probably... :LOL:

I am thinking with full sized file, could crop it a bit, and I reckon I could remove the tree/ blue post from the head easily enough...... (not that it is obviously noticable due to the DOF)

It is fine as it is.... and I agree, but there is a load of dead space as well......

Definitely colour for me, just brings it to life.

colour for me too.

Colour Joe. I've always felt that children are such colourful creatures that to turn them to black and white takes that away.

The cooling off of the greens in the distance gives a greater sense of depth in the colour version. So colour for me.

i like both

COLOUR.. without a shadow of doubt...

I would crop it and clone out the chain link fence and tree too.

seems like the popular answer is colour (y)

Colour popped with white vignette :)

:D

I was going to say a vignette, but with a black one.

It does have a slight black vignette (y)

Colour has loads more impact. Crop into portrait format maybe?

agree with the crop as loads of "nothing in there" as well

Probably... :LOL:

I am thinking with full sized file, could crop it a bit, and I reckon I could remove the tree/ blue post from the head easily enough...... (not that it is obviously noticable due to the DOF)

It is fine as it is.... and I agree, but there is a load of dead space as well......

Lots of feedback is always better than none (y)

I do like a lot of dead space in a portrait full length though, especially if the child is moving, I feel it gives them space to run into. Not for everyone though.

The tree and the post I will look at removing, will be an easy adjustment

thanks for all suggestions

Another vote for colour. I really like the shot too. Well done.

Most definitely colour ;)

I feel a bit "Billy-no-Mates" now, because............

B & W for me

Back