Need help splitting one photo.

R

roblin

Let me explain.

Potrait photo of my daughter, I want to split it into four and then print each quarter, then with a A4 block of beech wood I am going to "stick" each quarter onto a block and the slightly offset each on onto my wall. Did that make sense?

Anyway, my question is, how do I get each quarter to fill an A4 page fully..

Thanks

if you are using photoshop cs, then you can initally crop the photo using the A4 sze crop tool at 300dpi, then pull out a ruler to the middle from the top and left side of the image,make sure you have the 'snap to' function enabled and the ruler lines will snap into the centre of the image, these four sections will then crop into 4 A4 pieces using the A4 crop tool again. Save each section as you go, after saving each one you can do a ctrl/shift Z to take you back to the full image so you can crop the next quarter. :)

If my calculations are correct you need your original photo to be 420mm x 594mm.
Marianne's way is very neat and alot better than what I'd have done which is create a new image sized A4 fill it with a solid colour bright green or something, copy the new image as a new layer in your portrait, select the green layer and the green block with the magic wand now switch to the layer with your daughter on and you should still have an A4 sized selection you can move around. I'd move it to each corner, right click and layer via copy finally save the layers

Back