Need help using the Talk Photography Forums?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Then please visit our new, specific Forum Tutorials area here.

If you have any questions that haven't been covered already in there, then please feel free to start a new thread. :)

hello..
i would like to upload a photograph into the forum landscapes and scenes...but it will not allow me too..help?

The link in Marcels post above (the word 'here') will take you to a section that explains everything. You don't upload to the forum. You upload to somewhere on the internet (which can be the gallery space you are given here) then link the picture into your forum post.

hey i joined 3 days ago and have yet to have a email to activate my account. I can't start a thread or go onto my account however i can post and log in. Please can you help thank you .

^ yes everytime i try to go onto my account or make a new thread this message appears

louise_photo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

should i just wait?

Ill check now. It will be because you haven't activated your account by clicking the link in the email....

What's the betting you're using hotmail? ;)
If you haven't received your activation email...check your junk folder in hotmail. They're notorious for being a bit stupid and incorrectly marking emails as spam :)

Hope this helps...while I go and check your account :)

Yes, but posting is very limited. Can only reply to others threads, and only in certain forums.

louise check your spam bin for emails

oops sorry opened the page earlier then went and did somestuff and come back, didnt realise marcel was on it

hi i would love to upload some pics on here. how do i it? and would love feedback.. posative and negative

thanks
aaron c

Aaron - see the link in post #1 above and my comment in post #3. explains it all.

How long should I leave my pictures in my gallery space. Eventually it will get full, but many of the threads will be history. I know that this is a question like how long is a piece of string! Depends on how popular your thread is! Just thought there may be some rough guide?
Mike

Well you have quite a bit of space to play with. I think once the discussion dies down, you can remove, but I personally leave them much longer than that, just incase. You're right though, it's one of those 'piece of string' questions.
Maybe the timeframe of the thread, plus a month or two once activity stops?
Or you can keep some images in your gallery for people to browse through at a later date. Your choice really :)

Well you have quite a bit of space to play with. I think once the discussion dies down, you can remove, but I personally leave them much longer than that, just incase. You're right though, it's one of those 'piece of string' questions.
Maybe the timeframe of the thread, plus a month or two once activity stops?
Or you can keep some images in your gallery for people to browse through at a later date. Your choice really :)

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Mike

hi everyone can anyone explain to me the simplest way to upload my photographs to tp
thanks mickpall

Where is my forum email account?
Is it my normal email account???
I did want to post a photo for annonymous critique (I have blown it now I know)

^ yes everytime i try to go onto my account or make a new thread this message appears

louise_photo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

should i just wait?

I'm having this trouble when i try to add a profile photo can anyone help:bonk:

I'm having this trouble when i try to add a profile photo can anyone help:bonk:

Do you mean a custom Avatar? If so, see the rules regarding dimensions and file size. Also, I found that it wouldn't upload an Avatar from any old directory on your hard drive. Having checked everything else was ok, I moved the image I was trying to upload to 'my pictures.' Bingo.

thanks Zeugma for your help, iv done it, its simple when someone explains it, lol
thanks again

Hi,

I'm a new user, have started a thread, posted some pictures, and replied to other posts...however, there's one thing I can't seem to sort out, and that is how to send PMs.

Can't find any specific help in the how to-forum either, so if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Erik

have a general newbie query, I don't appear to be able to PM anybody. Is this due to being new?

I am trying to PM my email address to a member so that I can get hold of a price list. How can I do this?

Thanks

have a general newbie query, I don't appear to be able to PM anybody. Is this due to being new?

I am trying to PM my email address to a member so that I can get hold of a price list. How can I do this?

Thanks

see post 33 above... you need to have made 5 posts !

Thanks I spotted that and tried to repost and got stuck somehow!

Is this the same for the restricted trading forums, 5 posts?

Thanks

Wow that's higher than I would have thought but for a good reason I suppose

how do i upload a photo for my id?
by this i mean is there somewhere i do it or do i send the photo to someone and they do it?
thanks chris.:shrug:

Back