Need help with buying from online shop

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon folks,
I am looking at buying a a Nikon AFS DX Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6G VR for my D70 as my present lens is a AF nikkor 28-80 mm1:3.3-5.6 G and due to the 1.5 crop factor it does not go wide.
On searching through froogle there seems to be a significant variation in price for the same lens ranging from £65 as the minimum on non ebay sites to £190
.I am not sure as to who to buy the lens from since the the price varies by more than 100%,ideally would want to buy as cheap as possible but it seems a bit scary for me as to whether the site might not be secure or whether the lens is different etc
I've pasted one of the links
http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl...+DX+Nikkor+18-55mm+F/3.5-5.6G+VR&sa=N&start=0
Would appreciate any suggestions/help from other members

On your link T dimension is in Hong Kong.

So although cheap you MAY get caiught on import duty/VAT.

Some of the cheaper UK retailers use "Grey imports" so you may not get a manufacturer warranty, just a retailers so bear that in mind.

Have you looked on Camera Price Buster?

Last edited:
Hi PsiFox,
Didnt realise/think about grey imports since some of the sites have .co.uk domains,will search on Camera Price Buster now.
Thank you.

Afternoon folks,
I am looking at buying a a Nikon AFS DX Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6G VR for my D70 as my present lens is a AF nikkor 28-80 mm1:3.3-5.6 G and due to the 1.5 crop factor it does not go wide.
On searching through froogle there seems to be a significant variation in price for the same lens ranging from £65 as the minimum on non ebay sites to £190
.I am not sure as to who to buy the lens from since the the price varies by more than 100%,ideally would want to buy as cheap as possible but it seems a bit scary for me as to whether the site might not be secure or whether the lens is different etc
I've pasted one of the links
http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl...+DX+Nikkor+18-55mm+F/3.5-5.6G+VR&sa=N&start=0
Would appreciate any suggestions/help from other members

Whatever you do....Dont buy from the USA unless you have someone over there to make the purchase and send it as a present without an invoice I have been stung twice (yes we have relatives in Florida) but went the direct route

Back