Need to get away!

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Since the New Year work's been relentlessly hard so me and Sarah have both booked a week off work next week. We'd like to go away for 2/3 nights to "unplug" and enjoy the scenery, but money's a bit tight.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go stay for a couple of nights which has some good walks and nice scenery without costing us a fortune in accomodation? We're fond of the Lake district, Yorkshire, and Wales but will go anywhere really!

Self catering is preferred so we can chuck off our muddy boots and relax before throwing some dinner on at the end of the day!

Don't know if you'll get a short break self-catering just for two :thinking:. Me & Mrs G pick an area then look for a Country Inn with B & B and a good menu :D

I can recommend Here , good beer/grub & nice walking (y)

What about Arran? It is basically Scotland in miniature, has fantastic scenery and is ultra safe being a small island! Local pubs are friendly and car hire is about £25 per day for getting around quicker (if you only have a few days it helps!).

Isn't too expensive so long as you don't want to play golf ;)

I've got some photos from my last trip that I'll post (not taken on DSLR and just point 'n' shot so NOT looking for C&C on them! hehe ;))

Edit: forgot to say my gf's parents own a house there that they rent out as Self Catering. It's bang on the beach in Whiting Bay! If you are interested I can find out details for you etc.

Somewhere in Sussex maybe? Im also a big fan of places like Devon and Cornwall - there are some absolutely gorgeous places around! There's a little place in Cornwall called Mousehole which is lovely and very picturesque. Also St Ives is nice :)

gman: I've dropped you a PM. I think Arran might be a bit far for us to go for a couple of days, but I think later in the year it will be well worth considering.

HanC: I'd never really considered Sussex, but I may take a look. Cornwall is somewhere I'd love to visit but it's such a long drive from Birmingham! I'll have a look and see if we could do it in a couple of trips or something.

If anyone else has any suggestions they'll be gratefully received!

Try Northumberland, it's about 4 hours from brum so not much further than the lakes I'd imagine. Probably the best beaches in the country if you look at places like druridge bay and bamburgh.

Try Northumberland, it's about 4 hours from brum so not much further than the lakes I'd imagine. Probably the best beaches in the country if you look at places like druridge bay and bamburgh.

You've just taken the words right out of my mouth. I'm heading that direction just after Easter w/e for the rest of the week. I can't wait.

Ravenstonedale. Lake District

I've stayed HERE before and can highly recommend it. The bloke than run the place also has a vintage bus company, Cumbria Classic Coaches

They do self catering and a meal at The Fat Lamb is highly recommended.

Hope this helps...

Wow, so many amazing places. I think we've found a little place in the Lake District that will be perfect. However, if the need arises again for a short break there's no shortage of suggestions! Thank you everyone :)

Back