Neighbour's cats

No tips I'm afraid, none of our cats tolerated attempts to photograph them unless they were 'paid' (bribed) with treats ...

I like both shots, with a slight preference for the first which looks very natural. I prefer this approach to overtly posed, which most cats aren't very cooperative about anyway! What was he/she so interested in?

No tips I'm afraid, none of our cats tolerated attempts to photograph them unless they were 'paid' (bribed) with treats ...

I like both shots, with a slight preference for the first which looks very natural. I prefer this approach to overtly posed, which most cats aren't very cooperative about anyway! What was he/she so interested in?

I think he was just gazing out the window, he and his sister (in the other picture) basically run the place. He's a three legged old boy and I find him so charming.

Great cat pictures Adam. I do prefer the 1st as it looks more natural. Both striking pictures in their own ways though :D

Great cat pictures Adam. I do prefer the 1st as it looks more natural. Both striking pictures in their own ways though :D
Thank you! I'm in agreement, I had to move super fast to grab that one. Saw him peering through the window and took advantage of the back-light.

His owner has this image on her wall so that's the biggest compliment I can get I reckon but I still worry that they're not as good as they should be.

Thank you for the kind feedback, makes me feel so much better about trying to continue this particular niche.

Thank you! I'm in agreement, I had to move super fast to grab that one. Saw him peering through the window and took advantage of the back-light.

His owner has this image on her wall so that's the biggest compliment I can get I reckon but I still worry that they're not as good as they should be.

Thank you for the kind feedback, makes me feel so much better about trying to continue this particular niche.

I love it when that happens.

Thanks for the thread link and the tips @Gav-canon!

I'll try and use the tips to get some more playful photos of them. They're a law unto themselves so I can't guarantee success.

Back