Neil B bird pics thread

Well it's better than that squinty seaside rubbish you put up earlier. Better be quick tho before this post gets deleted as well.:rolleyes:;)

I am off to Flamborough in 2 weeks, hoping to get a shot of something ( this is stunning btw)
Can I ask - do you carry a tripod or a gorilla or something?

Nice to see you posting good, quality shots again SFB.

A fine shot, Neil (y)
- can you post some camera/lens/settings details? :)

Russ

• ƒ/8.0
  • 600.0 mm
  • 1/800
  • ISO 400
  • A good detailed shot Neil,and a fine example of why you do not need to be at F4 - F4.5 all the time.If the branch had been oof then it may of been a distraction,but in this case I think it works rather well, as it leads the viewer into the subject.

Stunning :)

Cracker of a shot

Neil, the thread is entitled "pics" - i.e. pictures in the plural

It's not a bad shot but it's square?

I'm getting some new "computer spectacles" on Monday so I'll be looking at the extreme detail plus an iMac 5k may be on the cards so that should be telling

can we have another, please

Neil, the thread is entitled "pics" - i.e. pictures in the plural

It's not a bad shot but it's square?

I'm getting some new "computer spectacles" on Monday so I'll be looking at the extreme detail plus an iMac 5k may be on the cards so that should be telling

can we have another, please

Seeing as you asked so nicely Bill, my all time favorite bird, not for looks but if you have ever heard one on full mating call you will realise why.
I timed one of these holding the same note for 25sec

Grasshopper warbler

Grasshopper Warbler-2.jpg by Neil Brimacombe, on Flickr

Same set-up
5Dmk3
Sigma 120-300 2.8 sport with a 2x converter
As usual hand held

not bad - keep em coming

so this would be at 600mm f5.6

where did you see it Neil?

Warblers and Flycatchers are special - maybe all birds are

we get Melodious Warblers every year in France

Last edited:
Being a bit up north and in the middle of the country doesn't make for the best stop off point for migrating birds, old oaks is always good for flycatchers.
Another one that doesn't pop up often but has a great call.

Sedge Warbler-2.jpg by Neil Brimacombe, on Flickr

And a Reed Warbler

Reed Warbler by Neil Brimacombe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Are you saving the best till last?

Sedge warbler is a good effort Neil, like the bramble and slight shadowing on the bird.

Some lovely shots in this thread. Keep them coming!

really nice Neil and good to see the Marsh and Willow together
beautiful compositions and perfect settings - they look wonderful on my new 5K

All good Neil,love the pose on the Wren though.Never seen one hanging in that position before,normaly just clinging on to a small branch.

Some very nice images here Neil. I need to get out more.

It must have been great to see them both together, but in my opinion, being out of focus, the left-hand bird is a distraction: the picture would have been absolutely brilliant with just the right-hand bird in it. Perhaps you did that too?

Appreciate the honest opinion Jerry (y)
One bird that does very well in my area is the Water rail, cold weather brings them out into view but still rare to have both out at the same time.
Added another one on it's own.
Silent shutter mode on the 7dmk2 is excellent for these as they run at the slightest disturbance.

Two really nice shots there. If pics like these don't inspire a couple of hours on the local river then nothing will.

Back