New 110 film

Not all things from the past are good....110 is one of them.

With modern, fine grained film, and the ability to scan without loss of too much detail - at least some of the problems are mitigated. Besides, I want to try out the Pentax Auto 110!

Probably so the Lomonutters will have to have the full set of film cameras, 110, 135 and 120, then they can extort more money out of them (£9 a roll for 120 ektar on their website is taking liberties) I dont think it will be long until they release a Lomo 5x4

If it keeps film in production for longer i'm all for that

Probably so the Lomonutters will have to have the full set of film cameras, 110, 135 and 120, then they can extort more money out of them (£9 a roll for 120 ektar on their website is taking liberties) I dont think it will be long until they release a Lomo 5x4

If it keeps film in production for longer i'm all for that

I could sell my HP4 for a killing then! But, yes keeping film alive is always a positive :)

Fat chance getting any appreciation for a small film format and very small film cameras from RB67/4x5 shooters :LOL:

You'll love this new small format I've come across, it's 24x36mm long and comes in snazzy containers with 24 or 36 shots :D

freecom2 said:
With modern, fine grained film, and the ability to scan without loss of too much detail - at least some of the problems are mitigated. Besides, I want to try out the Pentax Auto 110!

Where can I get a scanner that does 110?

Dunno seems a bit daft to me. Though they do seem to have turfed up a few labs that will handle 110.

Perhaps they'll be reviving Kodak Disc next?

freecom2 said:
You'll love this new small format I've come across, it's 24x36mm long and comes in snazzy containers with 24 or 36 shots :D

Ah yes, the miniature format that Oskar Barnack thinks is a good idea.

It'll never catch on...

gotta love the marketing lol
especially the "with this film you can create images like these" HA!
only if you live in a world where your friends are stuck in a self perpetuating state of preening, posing and gimping for the camera in hats, bouffant hairdos and skinny jeans. ironically happening to have their lifestyle accessories on show at any given moment including dogs with their snouts rammed into the lens of whatever plastic fantastic that lomography managed to sell the poor saps at a grossly inflated cost that seems worth it cos "hey its hip" and staying impartial, cool and not getting too exited about their le sardinia or diana in public but secretly spunking up the walls of their bedsits whenever they load a roll of branded film that could be whatever and just rebranded only to discover that when the film comes back from *insert supermarket of choice here* that they look just like the photos from their nans trip to margate she shot on a disposable from the pound shop, then having to add the lomoesqe look in potatoshop before uploading to whatever social networking site aint too cliche at the time.......OOF its hard work being a hipster

Last edited:
only if you live in a world where your friends are stuck in a self perpetuating state of preening, posing and gimping for the camera in hats, bouffant hairdos and skinny jeans. ironically happening to have their lifestyle accessories on show at any given moment including dogs with their snouts rammed into the lens of whatever plastic fantastic that lomography managed to sell the poor saps at a grossly inflated cost that seems worth it cos "hey its hip"

Come on, get off the fence, tell us what you really think :D

I think we found a shop he might like on the last film meet!

One just opened in Manchester, i think it's time for me to move somewhere more remote, away from the unfathomable trendiness :shake:

don't get me wrong lomography have built an incredible business and following off the back of a Russian optic manufacturer and no doubt the term will end up in the Collins before long, if not already there lol but its kinda like when you listen to a band for years and get to love them and then all of a sudden EVERYONE is saying "oh my god you have to listen to "manglegrinder" and then all of a sudden manglegrinder are like a bitter pill

only if you live in a world where your friends are stuck in a self perpetuating state of preening, posing and gimping for the camera in hats, bouffant hairdos and skinny jeans. ironically happening to have their lifestyle accessories on show at any given moment including dogs with their snouts rammed into the lens of whatever plastic fantastic that lomography managed to sell the poor saps at a grossly inflated cost that seems worth it cos "hey its hip" and staying impartial, cool and not getting too exited about their le sardinia or diana in public but secretly spunking up the walls of their bedsits whenever they load a roll of branded film that could be whatever and just rebranded only to discover that when the film comes back from *insert supermarket of choice here* that they look just like the photos from their nans trip to margate she shot on a disposable from the pound shop, then having to add the lomoesqe look in potatoshop before uploading to whatever social networking site aint too cliche at the time.......OOF its hard work being a hipster

Post of the year.

just to add, Adox were mid production on 110 a while back and had to halt due to lack of funding. my brother is quite exited about this as he still has his hulk hogan 110 from when he was 6 lmfao! now that i want to see as it has a tiny hulk hogan transparency in the bottom right of the frame thats there for every shot!

Get this man a medal, knighthood, peerage whatever. This is epic

Simon photo said:
its kinda like when you listen to a band for years and get to love them and then all of a sudden EVERYONE is saying "oh my god you have to listen to "manglegrinder" and then all of a sudden manglegrinder are like a bitter pill

I was a bit like that when REM signed to Warner Bros :-/

:LOL:

On a slightly serious note (yikes), Lomography are doing more for marketing and pushing new film products than the vast majority of manufacturers involved in film photography... I don't mind if people buy overpriced Lomography film because if they get it processed at labs, it keeps those labs going for all of us (y)

Wonder if this is too big to have as a signature :thinking::thinking:

freecom2 said:
:LOL:

On a slightly serious note (yikes), Lomography are doing more for marketing and pushing new film products than the vast majority of manufacturers involved in film photography... I don't mind if people buy overpriced Lomography film because if they get it processed at labs, it keeps those labs going for all of us (y)

Yeah good point. I was just having a stab at the marketing machine that it has become and the people that follow in its shadow. Can't knock them for it, its business at the end of the day and if you dangle the right worm in the right pond your bound to catch something. And end up with your catch floundering at your feet with gaping mouths lol

Yeah good point. I was just having a stab at the marketing machine that it has become and the people that follow in its shadow. Can't knock them for it, its business at the end of the day and if you dangle the right worm in the right pond your bound to catch something. And end up with your catch floundering at your feet with gaping mouths lol

Haha, your post was definitely worth it though! I like to think that F&C is a place where we can have posts like that, rather than arguing about diffraction and autofocus test charts... :bang:

Lomography are getting a new generation of young photographers to spend serious money on film photography - sure, it's their business and the profits are going to them, but it's something that no one else is really doing or succeeding at. I feel bizarre almost promoting them when I've never spent a penny with them!

Probably would have been better bring back 126 at least you can develop and scan that with existing 35mm equipment (to a certain extent) and it had the more unique property of being a square format.

I guess it's good news for owners of Canon 110ED, Pentax Auto 110 and Minolta 110 SLR's to cash in on eBay.

Love some 110..

Who on Earth would not want to shoot a Minolta 110 slr....:cool:

Looks like a slide projector though lol

That's a bad thing ??

I have to choose between an instagram table mat camera with integrated social retard networking ********, a light leaky plastic box with a hole in it and a film slr with beautifully unconventional design....:thinking:

the instagram camera, should it ever go in to production, will not still be around in 30 years, we'll all have a firewire 8 port in the middle of our foreheads which will link the wireless router stuffed up our arses to the interwebz and transmit everything we see to peeps who couldn't care less, but pretend they do because they have no friends outside their on line persona.

wait.....parts of that might have been done already...

whatever

I'm gonna call it.......i-twit connect-a-gram....flik

....book

:)

joxby said:
That's a bad thing ??

I have to choose between an instagram table mat camera with integrated social retard networking ********, a light leaky plastic box with a hole in it and a film slr with beautifully unconventional design....:thinking:

the instagram camera, should it ever go in to production, will not still be around in 30 years, we'll all have a firewire 8 port in the middle of our foreheads which will link the wireless router stuffed up our arses to the interwebz and transmit everything we see to peeps who couldn't care less, but pretend they do because they have no friends outside their on line persona.

wait.....parts of that might have been done already...

whatever

I'm gonna call it.......i-twit connect-a-gram....flik

....book

:)

No no not a bad thing at all! I love the unusual, look at the olympus ecru. In my eyes one of the most beautiful 35mm cameras they have produced, and being the oly fan boy that i am would love to add one to the collection.
On further inspection that minolta ain't too bad, i think its the contrasting band around some that throws me. The all black ones look ok

Probably would have been better bring back 126 at least you can develop and scan that with existing 35mm equipment QUOTE]

I'm seriously considering picking up a few of these films....after all i have a number of 110s that are fully serviceable but ftm I have cut sheet film for them and simply shoot one shot at a time.

As for developing with 35mm gear......the dev reels are soft plastic ( white patersons ones anyway!) and can be cut, sawn, filed etc to become the width of 110 film....which is incidently 16mm.
Spool and dev like 35mm then scan by placing the film directly on the scanner bed , held down by a piece of 2mm clear glass.

Reading back on this thread it seems i might be one of very few who actually gives this film a go ............. Will have to follow the lomo site closely to find out what the dev times are for the film given that there's no listing in the massive dev chart ...yet!!

I'm neither for nor against lomo, I suspect many of my shots would come under that heading but who cares if it's enjoyable!

Anyway thanks to the OP for the heads up on the film.....

Back