New 110 film

Do let us know/post the results of how the film is - I'm intrigued by it, and usually Lomo stuff doesn't really perk my interest.

Do let us know/post the results of how the film is - I'm intrigued by it, and usually Lomo stuff doesn't really perk my interest.

Will do! Film should ship around the 25th apparently. Probably take a month before I get any results! exciting stuff!:clap:

Are you going to be developing it yourself? The few places that do process 110 often only know/equipped to process C-41.

i think you will have to send it to LOMO, unless you get some 110 spirals etc from Fleabay

Lomo developing is rip off. Jessops in Glasgow can dev 110 but it takes them 2 weeks since they have to send it away it's £12.99 plus print so kind of same as photoprocessing.co.uk but they conned me last time so wont be using them again.

would dev 110 be the same as 35mm? They're kind of like a toy film. So small but so expensive! Anyone else ordered any? :cautious:

Place I linked above only charges £10.00 (including return postage) for 110 dev, 6"/"5x4" and CD (about 5 megapixels), you might want to try it. I've used them twice and both times they've done the job to a good standard.

Yeah, I liked Fuji Processing when I sent C-41 off to them as well. Their scans in particular stood out, high resolution for no extra cost was very attractive. They respond to customer comments/questions promptly on their Facebook page as well, which can be extremely helpful.

Hmm. I've got a couple of 110 cartridges that I used in 1997. I suppose I really ought to get them developed :LOL:

Last edited:
Reviving this thread! I've finally received the 110 Orca films from Lomography! Apparently it took so long because there was more orders than they thought would be.

Anyway just thought i'd let you know I haven't forgot and will be out shooting (if weather is decent since I live in Glasgow) tomorrow with the Pentax Auto 110!

Still waiting on the 110 spirals, anyone know how to develop with ilfosol 3? Theres a link on Lomography regarding film processing but since I'm new to it and it doesnt have my developer, I'm wondering if I can get some help on this :D :D :D
http://microsites.lomography.com/processing/

Looks like it will be around 5 minutes @ 20 degrees or so. Have a check on digitaltruth and flickr to see if someone has done so already.

Here's a link to the dev times for the orca film:

http://www.microsites.lomography.co...i-develop-lomography-orca-b-and-w-100-at-home

Presumably this the one that Samantha mentions as Ilfosol 3 isn't listed.....

I took the plunge and received my cartridges today.......Got several 110s to use them in including a "projector style"" (lol there is some truth in that!) minolta and a pentax....I think the pentax is going to see the first roll.....

EDIT: Sorry samantha I didn't notice the link you posted...Duh! lol

As it is there are differences in time between the two charts, for rodinal 1:50 one chart states 8 mins, the other 9 mins ..... I notice Ilfosol 3 is now mentioned......At least the charts give us a starting point!

Last edited:
Here's a link to the dev times for the orca film:

http://www.microsites.lomography.co...i-develop-lomography-orca-b-and-w-100-at-home

Presumably this the one that Samantha mentions as Ilfosol 3 isn't listed.....

I took the plunge and received my cartridges today.......Got several 110s to use them in including a "projector style"" (lol there is some truth in that!) minolta and a pentax....I think the pentax is going to see the first roll.....

EDIT: Sorry samantha I didn't notice the link you posted...Duh! lol

As it is there are differences in time between the two charts, for rodinal 1:50 one chart states 8 mins, the other 9 mins ..... I notice Ilfosol 3 is now mentioned......At least the charts give us a starting point!

:D :D :D
Oh great it's been updated! Haven't been back to check as my 110 reel still hasn't arrived yet!

Looking forward to see your stuff, please post em up once you get some results :) we can experiment together exciting lol XD
Good weather today, I might just do another roll too!

:D :D :D
Oh great it's been updated! Haven't been back to check as my 110 reel still hasn't arrived yet!

Looking forward to see your stuff, please post em up once you get some results :) we can experiment together exciting lol XD
Good weather today, I might just do another roll too!

Oh rest assured I get some of the results posted....might take a little while as i'm on with a boat load of projects at the mo.

Gunna have to sort myself out with a reel too ......

I am very very tempted... just a shame I can't seem to source a reasonably priced 110 reel at the moment.

I am very very tempted... just a shame I can't seem to source a reasonably priced 110 reel at the moment.

A dedicated 110 reel would no doubt be easier but this is one link where I read about modifying a 35mm reel like i mentioned in my earlier posting:

http://www.subclub.org/creative/reel.htm

It's got to be worth a try i think.....it's what I'll be aiming for anyway.

Obviously if you have acces to tray development then you're already one step ahead of the rest of us and don't need a reel.

Thanks for the info link Asha - even more tempting! Just need to find a Paterson reel to sacrifice...

Thanks for the info link Asha - even more tempting! Just need to find a Paterson reel to sacrifice...

Well there are two going on ebay at the moment ....work out at £2.20 each with postage

item No: 140769118137

or

you could bite the bullet and buy this from the states:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/63619
REG/Yankee_YARFC15T_Clipper_II_Roll_Film.html

If I do the modification then i will need a reel to sacrifice too.....

Unfortunately it'll probably shoot up, the prices of developing equipment have shot up over the last few months. I'll keep an eye on eBay if I go down this route though. The other thing that concerns me is how there is no backing paper so you never know if you are at the end of the roll yet or not (I shoot very sporadically).

My local Lomography stores (which sounds really silly) have it in stock so I can save on postage, which makes it very tempting...

Last edited:
Unfortunately it'll probably shoot up, the prices of developing equipment have shot up over the last few months. I'll keep an eye on eBay if I go down this route though. The other thing that concerns me is how there is no backing paper so you never know if you are at the end of the roll yet or not (I shoot very sporadically).

I haven't yet loaded any of the film but from what i understand it's simply a matter of marking somewhere what exposure number you have got to by chalking them up on a piece of paper.....tbh for me that won't prove a big prob as i generally note details of each shot i take, more for reference to see what settings, lighting etc I used and how I could possibly improve next time.

Perhaps you could simply tape a piece of paper to the base of the camera? .....don't forget to carry a pen/pencil though!

I haven't yet loaded any of the film but from what i understand it's simply a matter of marking somewhere what exposure number you have got to by chalking them up on a piece of paper.....tbh for me that won't prove a big prob as i generally note details of each shot i take, more for reference to see what settings, lighting etc I used and how I could possibly improve next time.

Perhaps you could simply tape a piece of paper to the base of the camera? .....don't forget to carry a pen/pencil though!

Really? Not having frame numbers doesn't bother me, if it gets to the end I'll pop a new one in :D

Anyway I went out yesterday since it was sunny thinking I'd complete a roll of 110 and dev the next day BUT I've wasted 2 blank shots because the lens wasn't on properly and wouldn't fire then when I fixed it I didn't take the cap off to "test" it.
The second frame was lost because I ran out of battery :bang:
So I ended up not using it and instead finished a roll on my Gakkenflex and Spotmatic which I kind of ruin by stupidly (I don't know why and I've never done it before) OPENED the back when I couldn't wind any further and went "oh yay completed a roll" and opened the back for at least A SECOND whilst trying to process why does it look different before shutting it:bonk:
Anyway Im gunna do some deving on the probably over exposed neg and hope I can try out the 110 when the suns out again which is probably NEVER :LOL:

Ah also I was talking to some friends and they said you can stick the 110 film (start and end) onto a 35mm film and load it as usual. Apparently it works. Need to look into that since I still haven't got my reel.

Ah also I was talking to some friends and they said you can stick the 110 film (start and end) onto a 35mm film and load it as usual. Apparently it works. Need to look into that since I still haven't got my reel.

Oh that's actually quite smart in theory! Might try that if I don't sacrifice a Paterson reel...

I finally bought the two rolls today, I was a little bit numb to the rest of the stuff in the store (had a rather un-Lomo Nikon FE2 in my bag with a very un-Lomo roll of Fuji Neopan 400 loaded). But they still do more of a job promoting film shooting and developing than any other brand, so kudos to them on that front (y)

I have an old old photography book, and for dev'ing it suggests holding each end of the film in each hand, and where it sags at the bottom, is where you dip it in the solution. Then you raise and lower each hand so the film moves through the 'dip' end to end.

It's much harder to explain then it is to see the pictures !, but I hope it makes sense :thinking:

should work for any format in theory, no reels needed.

I will try it one day, as I am fascinated with the old ways of doing things :)

I have an old old photography book, and for dev'ing it suggests holding each end of the film in each hand, and where it sags at the bottom, is where you dip it in the solution. Then you raise and lower each hand so the film moves through the 'dip' end to end.

It's much harder to explain then it is to see the pictures !, but I hope it makes sense :thinking:

should work for any format in theory, no reels needed.

I will try it one day, as I am fascinated with the old ways of doing things :)

Yes that will be a form of tray developing I think .....possibly one the better methods although I've never had a chance to experience it myself.

Not having a darkroom means like many other people, the use of a changing bag, daylight tank and reels is the only option for me......unless of course i simply throw the loose film in the tank and soup it ....done it before now when the film wouldn't spool and I got seriously upset with it ...still got results though but with some marks in places where the film touched itself or the tank sides.

I did my 1st deving in my garage at night with thick curtains pinned up everywhere light came in. (it still came in, but dark enough to get some early results) Now I have converted a summer house I built. full black out , even in bright sunshine.

I just need to get in there and use it more :bonk:

I finally bought the two rolls today, I was a little bit numb to the rest of the stuff in the store (had a rather un-Lomo Nikon FE2 in my bag with a very un-Lomo roll of Fuji Neopan 400 loaded). But they still do more of a job promoting film shooting and developing than any other brand, so kudos to them on that front (y)

Lol yay more people trying out the 110! Did you see the new camera they released today? the 110 baby fisheye, think it exists already and they've just rebranded it but I'm not impressed at all, why use 110 fisheye when you can use 35mm fisheye? the result is the same :thinking: right?

Sounds interesting if I had a darkroom thought I wouldn't wanna touch the chemicals:puke: so if you don't need to invert do you just leave the film in there?

Not having a darkroom means like many other people, the use of a changing bag, daylight tank and reels is the only option for me......unless of course i simply throw the loose film in the tank and soup it ....done it before now when the film wouldn't spool and I got seriously upset with it ...still got results though but with some marks in places where the film touched itself or the tank sides.

Agree! I just dev 2 rolls there in the bathroom with towels wrapped round the doors, no windows and I semi hid inside 2 bin bags with 2 duvets over me :LOL: They're drying now and looks alright considering I opened the camera whilst the film was inside :)

Sounds interesting if I had a darkroom thought I wouldn't wanna touch the chemicals:puke: so if you don't need to invert do you just leave the film in there?

no, you constantly run the film through the dip, back and forth.

I dont mind the chemicals, but if you do, I suppose you could use latex gloves. They're cheap enough.

Oh, and a common misconception ... you don't need a 'darkroom' , you just need a room that can be made dark.

no, you constantly run the film through the dip, back and forth.

I dont mind the chemicals, but if you do, I suppose you could use latex gloves. They're cheap enough.

Oh, and a common misconception ... you don't need a 'darkroom' , you just need a room that can be made dark.

I usually have latex gloves on, not that I'm scared of the chemicals (maybe a little since Im a girl) but I do get itchy even after washing my hands with soap.

Ah I see I always think of darkroom as those cool ones you see in movies though whenever I think of one I think of the one in that horror film called shutter?:cautious: but I don't actually have a room that I can keep light tight for long and to store the equipments so.... have to wait till I get a bigger flat or so :D

I just found this, which looks like a very neat solution for developing 110:

http://www.photomart.co.uk/Catalogue/Pro-Camera/Consumables/Film-Accessories/REEL-FOR-110-FILM-03801

The only problem is that it is £50 minimum order :(

We can split? Along with Asha too :D I'd like 2 if I was ordering, thats nearly a tenner already :LOL: Guess I can do with some films too like the superia. How are they for price anyways? seems like they sell in bulk!

We can split? Along with Asha too :D I'd like 2 if I was ordering, thats nearly a tenner already :LOL: Guess I can do with some films too like the superia. How are they for price anyways? seems like they sell in bulk!

If a few more people are interested this could be a serious proposition...! They are also selling the wide flange normal reels which are fantastic:

http://www.photomart.co.uk/Catalogu...ies/REELS-FOR-135-126-127-120-220-FILMS-03800

(I use the Samigon version, they are heaven for loading film)

Last edited:
Psyence33 said:
I usually have latex gloves on, not that I'm scared of the chemicals (maybe a little since Im a girl) but I do get itchy even after washing my hands with soap.
If they are genuine latex gloves, then you might be allergic to the latex and that can cause itchiness. It's also something that gets worse with repeated exposure (you'd start to develop a rash). Nitrile gloves are better. If you are using nitrile gloves already, then look for powder free ones and some people also react to the powder.

Alternatively, it could all be in your mind, so (wo)man up ;)

If they are genuine latex gloves, then you might be allergic to the latex and that can cause itchiness. It's also something that gets worse with repeated exposure (you'd start to develop a rash). Nitrile gloves are better. If you are using nitrile gloves already, then look for powder free ones and some people also react to the powder.

Alternatively, it could all be in your mind, so (wo)man up ;)

:D think am (wo)manly enough if I still continue to dev despite the itchiness XD
Though cheers for the tip I think using ordinary latex.

If a few more people are interested this could be a serious proposition...! They are also selling the wide flange normal reels which are fantastic:

http://www.photomart.co.uk/Catalogu...ies/REELS-FOR-135-126-127-120-220-FILMS-03800

(I use the Samigon version, they are heaven for loading film)

Well assuming these reels will fit in a patterson tank ( which is what I use) then I could be tempted to go along with making a group order......don't forget i live in france so there is the cost of getting the reel(s) to me ......nonetheless open to ideas if it gets us all the equipment we need!

Well assuming these reels will fit in a patterson tank ( which is what I use) then I could be tempted to go along with making a group order......don't forget i live in france so there is the cost of getting the reel(s) to me ......nonetheless open to ideas if it gets us all the equipment we need!

I'm pretty sure they are Paterson tank friendly, have a look at these bigger pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/italian-photographer/7162571289/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/italian-photographer/7347764070/

Indeed, I remembered it would have to include getting it to France - although obviously it could be done at cost, if necessary.

I'm pretty sure they are Paterson tank friendly, have a look at these bigger pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/italian-photographer/7162571289/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/italian-photographer/7347764070/

Indeed, I remembered it would have to include getting it to France - although obviously it could be done at cost, if necessary.

Done a quick google re AP reels and read several reports that they are fully compatible with patterson tanks..........

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/products/822/ap-developing-tank-35mm

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/product.php?id=61351

Admittedly the 110 reel isn't mentioned but presumably they will be based on similar dimensions.....unless someone knows different?!!

I can confirm that the AP reels are completely compatible with paterson tanks, i would assume the 110 ones are as you don't see special 110 tanks anywhere :)

I can confirm that the AP reels are completely compatible with paterson tanks, i would assume the 110 ones are as you don't see special 110 tanks anywhere :)

Excellent thanks for that Rob......In that case if a group order can be arranged then count me in to take a 110 reel......

Back