New A4 printer recomendations

Name
That'll be Bob then
Edit My Images
Yes
My canon IP4600 has just started chewing more paper than the dog and will be probably cheaper to replace than repair. My budget is between £100 and £200. Epson used to do a decent printer (the 300) but this seems to be out of production now. Any recomendations as to what's out there?:)

Hi there,

I recently got an Epson Stylus Px730Wd (around £120 on Amazon), it's been an improvement over the HP unit I had but I have found that the ink seems to run out quickly and isn't the cheapest but the results are very good.

Kodak seem to have a good rep at the moment and their ink isn't too bad cost wise but not seen it in action.

I did have one of the new canons (Canon PIXMA MG6250) and the results were great but it developed a fault after a few uses which was a shame (hence why I went over to Epson).

Cheers

Al

Any reason why your not looking at a new Canon iP range ?

I used to have an Epson, but sold it for a Canon iP and much prefer the results.

Not great to hear about the Epson issues, have to admit that I have owned a few over they years and been lucky enough not to have any issues at all.

Have multiple machines (32/64 bit) printing fine and also have the tablets printing to it (good app for the iPad is provided by Epson).

I will say that the Canon was better for text but the Epson has produced better photo's. Haven't used the Canon Pixma IP range so can't comment on those..

I've used epsons before and I had nothing but trouble with it. Haven't heard about the Canon iP but will check it out - I do like canon's printers - and I'd be happy to stay with the one that I have if it wasn't for the ink issues.

The iP range is purely the printer, whereas the MP range is the multi-purpose (scanner etc as well).

When I purchased mine and looked into it, the iP and MP that were out then, were the same print engine / inks etc etc - I chose the iP as I didn't want / need the scanner section, so saved some money.

hello, I'm in the same boat looking for a decent printer that wont be breaking the bank. I do not print a huge lot but have a few 6x4 that I do every so often.
Any recommendations? Also I have a request that its able to print on CD or that I'm able to stick something on a CD when I hand it over to my clients.

i cannot fault my epson photo px 720wd. photo quality is excellent, also easy to set up.(y)

schizophonic said:
hello, I'm in the same boat looking for a decent printer that wont be breaking the bank. I do not print a huge lot but have a few 6x4 that I do every so often.
Any recommendations? Also I have a request that its able to print on CD or that I'm able to stick something on a CD when I hand it over to my clients.

The Canon iP range also allows printing directly onto CDs (printable ones) and they are very reasonably priced - under £100

Having owned the canon ip4200,4300,4500 and now the mx6150 I use the cd printing a lot. I moved to a multifunctional mainly for the Ethernet connection. It sits next to my router and all my laptops etc can print to it.

aeronic said:
I moved to a multifunctional mainly for the Ethernet connection. It sits next to my router and all my laptops etc can print to it.

that's good to know for the future :)

I just got the Epson PX730WD and like it a lot (had the PX710W before that)

£124.99 from Currys

Ethernet
Wi-Fi
Supports Airprint for iPad
Double sided printing
Can load A4 plus photo paper in the same tray
Prints CD's as well

I normally get my replacement inks from

http://www.internet-ink.co.uk £14.99 a set and they have been Ok so far

I use an Epson R800 which has the Ultrachrome inks. A4, also takes roll paper. USB and Firewire interfaces. You can pick them up within your budget. They also take a CISS if you do high print volumes.

Back