new and confused

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
i know its easly done ,ive think ive bitten off more than i can comfortably chew.i came into a bit of money and bought a nikon d80 got it home and the bloody thing is scareing me to death.im usually a point and shoot type and sheer complexity of the nikon has me a bit flumoxed .ive taken a few shots and to be honest im very impressed but ill have to keep at it to get anywhere near the photos ive seen posted on some sites. anyway any help or tips will be very welcome regards merchman

Hi

I left my d50 on auto for quite sometime to try and get the hang of the basics then started playing. Welcome from another new boy and enjoy your camera.
Chris

hi
yes, auto is the only option at the moment.but what a camera it realy has the the feel of my old 35 mm great cant stop playing ,my wife thinks ive got a fancy woman as im allways going for long walks .. merchman

:wave: Hi, you've come to the right place to help you with your learning curve. Just feel free to ask anything you like. There's no such thing as a silly question here. :welcome:

If you have used 35mm slr before then you are halfway there already :)

Welcome to the forums.

Hi and welcome :wave:

The easiest way to start with the camera is to experiement. Change the camera into aperture mode (A or Av) then all you need to do is decide what aperture you want and the camera will sort out the shutter speed.

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Merchman ... (y)

Plenty of assistance here to help you get the best out of your new gear ... but the first tip is do not expect too much of yourself while it is so new ... just experiment, practice and above all ... enjoy it ... ;)

:p

hi
bought a nikon d80 got it home and the bloody thing is scareing me to death. merchman

LOL. An honest man! Use it on Auto for a while, it's no big deal and it will produce good results most of the time. When you want to branch out just ask away. Welcome. :wave:

welcome along!

thanks
yeh your all right in what you say this is a decent camera and its really up to me to make the most of it , with luck ill be postng a few images within a few weeks,all i can say is ive been made to feel welcome and will keep an eye out for any usefull posts thanks and regards merchman

Hi there....I'm a Canon girl myself, but the same applies to anyone with a new camera.......just keep shooting in all the different options to get used to what they can do. It's not that different from film.........:LOL: Have fun experimenting!

hi
i know its easly done ,ive think ive bitten off more than i can comfortably chew.i came into a bit of money and bought a nikon d80 got it home and the bloody thing is scareing me to death.

LOL, I still feel like that about my camera and i'm on my second D-slr now........it won't change either when i upgrade to another one :LOL:

It's all part of the fun.

welcome to the forums :wave:

Hi and welcome along. We have all been there and been scared at some stage or another. Just go out and start using it with the manual in hand and learn as you go along. Thats what many of us have done and still do.

Its an Art that you will get better at the more you perform it as long as you have an eye for the photograph.

i've got a lovely canon powershot a520, hmm let me think?..... do you want to swap? :naughty: then, when i got the hang of it we can swap back and i can show you how to use it! ? ! ?! ! no??? :shake: oh, just a thought!!!:D :LOL:

:welcome:

Back