new Canon 450D owner!!!

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
i couldnt wait any longer and not wanting to wait for delivery i went to jacobs in liverpool where i had the canon 55-250mm IS lens reserved for me since yesterday................but temptation got the better of me and i ended up buying the 450D+kit lens also and a 2gb SD card for a fiver and a cheap monpod from jessops :D:woot::D

so now i am the proud owner of the canon 450D 15-55mm IS and 55-250mm IS lens :love: just gotta figure out how it all works :nuts: just gotta wait for the battery to fully charge :(

my gf aint happy at all :shake:

all in all it cost me £722.99

Well done mate I wish the best with it all, at least you made a decision. I was vertually on the point of going for the same type of kit as that but have been tempted to swing towards the Sony A300 and cant reach a verdict.

PS The wife aint going to be happy either way either :bang:

Great news!! I have recently purchased the same and also took the plunge and bought the 55-250mm IS lens. What a great lens, I find it really versatile.

Enjoy it and look forward to seeing your pics on the forum (y)

The battery doesn't take long to charge so you'll be up and about in no time..
Having just bought one here's a tip
Switch off take pictures without cards.. the amount of times I've thought my camera wasn't working but I had left the card in the computer... better than the camera working but the card still in the computer ;)

Congratulations, I have the same kit, it's a really good setup, and as Swag says, very versatile.

Nice one!! :D Mines landing tomorrow from Amazon to replace my trusty 400D. :)

buying the 450D+kit lens also and a 2gb SD card for a fiver

All that for a fiver, wow Canon are really cutting their prices.:)

Seriously enjoy your new kit.

You've brought a 450D to replace a 400D?

Is there much difference?

Liveview and spot metering, plus less than £100 to upgrade with what I got for my 400D - I know, I know, why didn't I get a 40D...........:nuts:

The battery doesn't take long to charge so you'll be up and about in no time..
Having just bought one here's a tip
Switch off take pictures without cards.. the amount of times I've thought my camera wasn't working but I had left the card in the computer... better than the camera working but the card still in the computer ;)

batterys feels like its taking for ever, and thanks for the tip

All that for a fiver, wow Canon are really cutting their prices.:)

Seriously enjoy your new kit.

no silly...the sd card was a fiver not the camera, although that would of pleased my GF

Liveview and spot metering, plus less than £100 to upgrade with what I got for my 400D - I know, I know, why didn't I get a 40D...........:nuts:

12.2 megapixel CMOS sensor
Digic III
SD/SDHC cards
Larger viewfinder
Live view mode, including contrast-detect AF
Improved 9-point AF system
Spot metering
3.0" LCD monitor
Redesigned menus (including My Menu as seen in 40D)
Slightly redesigned info display
Continuous shooting at 3.5fps for up to 53 JPEG (6 RAW)
ISO setting displays in viewfinder and ISO button
New, larger, higher capacity battery
14 bit A/D converter and processing
Multi-shot self-timer mode
Highlight Tone Priority (from 40D)
Auto Lighting Optimiser (boosts shadows after shooting)
Kit lens with IS

I ordered a 450D myself yesterday, which should be arriving tomorrow. Let me know what the 55-250 IS lens is like, it's something I'm considering myself for the future :)

which is betta 40D or the 450D??

450D (now that I'm getting one)!!! :p Seriously though, the 40D is a pro-sumer model, I think I'm right in saying, and apart from the megapixel count, the 40D basically outshines the 450D in every area.

the lens dont come with lens hoods :annoyed:

i seen them on ebay about 6/7quid would there be my best/cheapest bet ?
will any canon listed lens hood be ok? or am i looking for a specific hood?

That's the exact same combo I've got (well, almost...) I've ordered the 450D and kit lens off 7dayshop but getting the 55-250mm lens is proving more difficult. I've seen it for £180 in stock at amazon so it looks like I'll be getting that - it seems to be selling like hot cakes!

BTW..... #13 - in case you don't know, you can get £50-off the camera from Canon seeing you bought it before Aug 4th with their Summer Promo.

Download the application form off Canons site - you have to claim the rebate by the 22nd of Aug! (y)

i was lucky in getting my 55-250mm IS i rang jacobs up on the saturday and spoke with a regional manager i think, he said as soon as 1 comes in i'll put it the back room just for you, if it wasnt for luck i wouldnt have 1 now thank god i do *** lol

i'm going to fill in the canon cash back offer tomoz try and get it sent off before the weekend :)

(B.4 is banned??)

Cheers Paul, I'd already looked there but it's out of stock there as well it seems!
Try Camerabox, I ordered mine this morning - £179.99 + £4.99 pp.
The live stock is saying 34 in available @ 23:45 :banana:

Back