New Car!!!

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Our current car is currently approaching three years old, and as I have a pathological fear of putting cars through the MoT (too many old bangers when I was younger which cost me a fortune to MoT I suspect!) and also ideally need something with a warranty, we decided to head out this afternoon and look for a replacement.

Now, the plan was all in place. I wanted to stick with renault's, and more specifically a Clio. we were looking for something 4 - 8 months old to get the benefit of the "from new" depreciation having already hit the value, and I was quite settled to the idea that we would have to go for the old body shape as the new shape ones would probably be too dear. It was to be a diesel, reasonably high spec'ed, in a nice bright colour for preference.

So, taking all the above into account, someone explain to me why, in just under two weeks time, I will be taking delivery of a totally gorgeous pearlescent black Clio Dynamique, brand new?! I blame the dealer myself - the car in the showroom was just SOOOOO pretty! :love: *sighs* Oh well, that's the purchase of a 400mm f5.6 being put off until next winter I guess! :LOL:

Hey, someone has to buy new! how else would the rest of us get the benefit of depreciation :D

Dare i ask just how much this has set you back? I personally think you're crazy for buying a brand new small French hatchback, but i doubt you'd care about that anyway :LOL:

Nah - considering that all my cars have been small French hatchbacks apart from one, and the one is the only car I've ever had which has given me a significant amount of problems, I can't honestly say it would bother me over much! :D

Got a call from the dealer this afternoon - the one he was intending to get me which was meant to be sitting at the import centre waiting for despatch to a dealers had apparently already been ordered from elsewhere, which left him with a bit of a problem considering he's promised me (and done the deal on the strength of) that I'd have mine by the 29th. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I'm still getting my car on the promised date, but it's now going to be the next model up at no extra cost to me, and it's going to be pearlescent midnight Blue instead of black, all of which rather pleases me!

new cars are always a good feeling! and your getting a better spec, happy days!!

i dont half like the rear view of the new clio, i just like the shape of it

You can get arrested for that kind of thinking in these part mr whitewash!

How could you? a french :razz: car !!! :wacky:

However, I would agree that if you are buying french :razz: (the are good value for new cars) it's best to get rid before the waranty runs out and the electrics fail, door / window seals leak, wheels fall off, etc. The only good thing in them is the diesel engines 3rd best available (after thje German 2 - Merc and VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat) but as the car's french :razz: you'll never see how long they can last as the rest of the car falls aprat around it.

I would say that that you would be saved by going for the black car but I've just reread the post and you dealer messed up (that's the french :razz: for you - you wouldn't get this with German or Jap dealers).

:D

Can I ask how many miles you do a year?

About 22,000 odd Joe. We saved a flipping fortune by going for a diesel last time around and had no hesitation in heading down the same route this time either.

I have to laugh at all the people who keep telling me that "French Cars are rubbish" though - I've had three Renault's and two Citroens over the last 14 years and have never had a major electrical or bodywork failing with any of them. None have ever shown more than the tiniest spots of rust. The only major mechanical problem I've had with any of them was the blown head gasket on an F plate Renault 5 - that was possibly ever so slightly my fault though as I'd had it three years withoiut changing the oil! :LOL:

Mini - you're not wrong - my last dark coloured car was a total git to keep looking half decent! Even water spots left marks!

Whitewash - I'd not realised until I stood in the showroom on Sunday afternoon just what a beautiful looking car the new shape Clio is. The old one was hideous in a sort of "Does my Bum look big in this" type way - but the new shape is gorgeous!

22,000 miles in a Clio?! You clearly are insane.

ROFL - the current one will be three years old in mid january - we bought it at 7 months old and its now done nearly 61,000! at least with a diesel the high mileage doesn't matter. The last one (petrol engine) got part ex'd at 2 1/2 yrs old with 47,500 on the clock and the dealer nearly fell out of his chair! :LOL:

Did someone mention Clio??

:love::love::love:

n2224057507920463965jz5.jpg

Yes, well obviously once I get mine I'll look like that too.....(I wish!) :D

Back