New DVD loan thread, not just Studio/Lighting also General Photographic Titles too!

Triggaaar has made a good suggestion which I agree with as follows:

I wonder if it would help if it was a requirement for each of us to post in the new thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs).

So I will PM Nick (ScarySquirrel) and request that he start the ball rolling when he contacts kennethj.

Triggaaar has made a good suggestion which I agree with as follows:

I wonder if it would help if it was a requirement for each of us to post in the new thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs).

So I will PM Nick (ScarySquirrel) and request that he start the ball rolling when he contacts kennethj.

Excellent idea. Will certainly do this when my turn comes around (y)

List below has also been updated to 21/05/11[/B]

The Titles available in the box are:

Zach Arias One Light Workshop (2 DVD set)
Professional studio lighting DVD product photography with Mike Fieldhouse
Professional studio lighting DVD lighting masterclass with Jon Gray
Charlie Waite's Travelling Light Photography Masterclass
Location Lighting with Drew Gardner
Introduction to Photography with Karl Taylor
Advanced Digital SLR Photography with Karl Taylor
Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor
Ansel Adams American Experience

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it could cost about £8 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the load would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts

2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that you have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs, with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the 10th June 2011: (18 month wait between 1st and last)

kenethj (Moved down list as requested)
Geordi69
DpM
FreeloaderJoe
STARRIDER
the doctor199
HornetSting
m18nye
technics100
kman
g4gxl
jockwav
rowla
mtxfiesta
Eighth Avenue
nikonuser
Jeff.B
markyboy.1967
stokes
EOS JD
andiphoto
Kev R
peter r
Hippo_MC
captainjack
brianp55
DSLR
Bucketp
David Getton
Dab
Greedier
Kerioak
johhnypanic
sony53
markrichardson
Keenbfb
mani
Braidy
Woblee
Davey Pitch
khitomer

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that I've contacted kenethj and pointed him to the above post.

To confirm, I received them on the 8th. Does this mean I need to post them on 22nd?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all, just a quick update. kenethj has agreed to the terms in post 44 of this thread and has provided his address.

As above I will be posting the DVDs to him by RMSD insured for £350 tomorrow.

One thing I wanted to mention, is that the One Light Workshop appears to be missing the backup copy of disc 1. There is a backup of disc 2. I'm not sure if anyone was already aware of this or not.

One thing I wanted to mention, is that the One Light Workshop appears to be missing the backup copy of disc 1. There is a backup of disc 2. I'm not sure if anyone was already aware of this or not.
No! I definitely had it, and I counted the DVDs into the box. Please double check and I'll do the same.

Hi all,

I realised when I went to package and post the DVDs yesterday that I didn't have Ken's surname. I PMd him yesterday but haven't yet had a response. I'll post the DVDs as soon as I have his full name.

Ooops, forgot to post yesterday. Ken PMd me his surname and they were posted yesterday, should be with him before 1pm.

Thanks again for organising this, very much appreciated :)

(y)

Folks! I am getting seriously wracked off now, following the conditions isn't an onerous task!

Since I sent out the DVDs only the first person on the list has complied with the conditions of borrowing.

Scarey Squirrel kept the DVDs for 3 weeks even after asking in the thread when he should send them.

kennethj has never posted in the thread either to say he agrees with the new conditions, to say he has received them or to say he has contacted the next in line for their details.

I do not have the time or inclination to keep chasing people for what should be a relatively simple ask, I really need this to be self policing or I'll withdraw the DVDs from offer.

So, let this be a warning folks, I realise that its the people waiting further down the list that will suffer for others tardiness in complying with a simple set of conditions, but if they continue to be flaunted I will withdraw the offer of lending the DVDs.

As the requirement to view the classifieds forum has now been lowered to 25 posts, that means I now qualify. Can I be added to the list please

I have no say over the change of classified rules but thought the original rules were a fair indication of whether someoe was here for the long haul or just for a short stay. I have amended the conditions of borrowing the DVDs in the various posts to reflect the moving away from the requirements to view the classifieds to the requirement of a minimum 100 posts and a 3 month membership period.

I have no say over the change of classified rules but thought the original rules were a fair indication of whether someoe was here for the long haul or just for a short stay. I have amended the conditions of borrowing the DVDs in the various posts to reflect the moving away from the requirements to view the classifieds to the requirement of a minimum 100 posts and a 3 month membership period.

ok fair enough

Hi Ed
Sorry I have not posted in the thread until now, The disc are at the post office I will collect them tomorrow and will contact the nest person in line and will send them straight off. I do not wish to upset or offend anyone.
Ken

I will collect them tomorrow and will contact the nest person in line and will send them straight off.
Regardless of whether you have time to watch them, remember to pm the next person asking them to read this thread and confrim they agree with the rules before you post the DVDs on.

Kenethj has pointed me to this thread.
I agree on the conditions posted in the thread. Any problems I will post.

Please can you add me to the list, Ed?

I have contacted and sent the dvd's to geordi69.
Many thanks to ED for starting this.

Ken

Morning,

DVD's were waiting for me when I got into work this morning. I have PM'd DpM asking for his address and sent a second mail (forgot to add it to the first - DOH) to point him to the thread and to read the condidtions.

Right, I have to say that the OneLight workshop only has back up disc 2 in. None for disc 1. I will create a new one. Both originals are in the case.
All other discs have both the originals and the backup copies in the cases.

I accept the terms of the loan of the DVD's outlined in the first post.

I have PM'd my address to Geordi69.

Thanks.

Posted the DVD's yesterday to DpM via RMSD. (for Monday delivery)
Like a few others, due to work etc all I was able to do was a quick skeg at a disc.
So I sent them on.

A big thanks to Ed for making these available.

Last edited:
DVD's have been delivered today thanks Geordi69 and massive thanks to Ed (y)

I will check they are all present and correct later, once the little one is asleep and I can open the bountiful box.

I have e-mailed FreeloaderJoe for his address and for him to read and agree to the loan terms on this thread.

The DVD's will be posted tomorrow. I will confirm when I have been to the post office.

The DVD's have been posted RMSD to Joe.

Thanks again Ed, your a gent.

Thouht you were posting tomorrow? I hope you enjoyed them.

Last night my evening went much quicker than I realised. I did not notice the clock had slipped past 12 when I posted that :bonk:

I did enjoy them thanks Ed, lots of good stuff learnt (y)
Also makes me want even more equipment :help:

Sorry i didnt reply to Freeloader PM straight away..have been away,back now,PM now sent to Joe..
I agree to the terms and look forward the vids arriving..(y)

Right, I see. He got them on the 17th August so he should really have been sending them today or tomorrow. I will PM him and see what's happening.

Vids received from FreeloaderJoe..cheers Joe (y)
Watching them now..think thedoctor199 is next on list,if he can PM his address will post em to him a little later in the week ;)

Greatest of thanks to you Ed for making all this possible..(y)

Back