New DVD loan thread, not just Studio/Lighting also General Photographic Titles too!

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
As a follow-on from the previous long running 'Lighting DVD' thread I have taken the opportunity to add some more General Photographic Titles so I decided to start a completely New Thread. Those that were already on the list will be the start of the new list which will begin sometime in May 2011.

The Titles available in the box are:

Zach Arias One Light Workshop (2 DVD set)
Professional studio lighting DVD product photography with Mike Fieldhouse
Professional studio lighting DVD lighting masterclass with Jon Gray
Charlie Waite's Travelling Light Photography Masterclass
Location Lighting with Drew Gardner
Introduction to Photography with Karl Taylor
Advanced Digital SLR Photography with Karl Taylor
Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor
Ansel Adams American Experience

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it could cost about £8 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the loan would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that you have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs, with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the Beginning of May 2011:

ScarySquirrel
Triggaaar
kenethj (Moved down list as requested)
Geordi69
DpM
FreeloaderJoe
STARRIDER
the doctor199
HornetSting
m18nye
technics100
kman
g4gxl
jockwav
rowla
mtxfiesta
Eighth Avenue
nikonuser
Jeff.B
markyboy.1967
stokes
EOS JD
andiphoto
Kev R
peter r
Hippo_MC
captainjack
brianp55

Last edited:
All sounds good to me, and thank you very much for adding even more titles, much appreciated.
2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.
Are they automatically insured for £500 with RMSD, or do we have to specify?

All sounds good to me, and thank you very much for adding even more titles, much appreciated.Are they automatically insured for £500 with RMSD, or do we have to specify?

The £500 is an upto, they may ask you a value and that is the approximate cost to replace them.

Hi Edward could you add me to the list please

yes, on the next update.

Just noticed this new thread and thought I would update here as well as the old one. I posted the DVDs to evilonion on the 21st.

This is the tracking number and progress report from RM:
Your item with reference AH362650168GB was delivered from our SOUTHEND Delivery Office on 23/04/11 .

Great thread, I'd definitely like to add my name to the list when I have enough posts. Very generous of you Ed :)

Hi Edward

Please can I be added to the list. As far as I can see I meet the requirements.

Thanks in advance

Can I be added to the list as well please, looks like an awesome collection!

Add me to the list please.

Thanks,

John

Could you add me to the list? There's a few on there I'd like to see.

Cheers!

I'd like to also ask to be put on the list.

Thanks

I will update the list once I have received the DVDs and they are ready to send out.

Did the DVDs make it back to you Ed?

Not as yet, I sent a PM to evilonion on Saturday to enquire about them but to date have not had a reply. He was on the forum yesterday evening at 9.49pm but did not reply to my message.

Not as yet, I sent a PM to evilonion on Saturday to enquire about them but to date have not had a reply. He was on the forum yesterday evening at 9.49pm but did not reply to my message.
He should have them. This is a quote from RM tracking, which I just checked again today:
Your item with reference AH362650168GB was delivered from our SOUTHEND Delivery Office on 23/04/11

Andy S

evilonion has been in touch he is sending them out to me tomorrow.

not wanting to put my name down as there will be no chance i get to watch them in 14 days!

but just wanna say its a great idea.

evilonion has been in touch he is sending them out to me tomorrow.
That's good. I was beginning to wonder if royal mail had messed something up. So I am ok to shred the postage details now? ;)

Once again many thanks for the loan of the DVDs Ed. (y)

Okay Folks, I have received the DVDs back and am just sourcing a suitable box to forward them on to Scarysquirrel next week. List below has also been updated to 21/05/11

The Titles available in the box are:

Zach Arias One Light Workshop (2 DVD set)
Professional studio lighting DVD product photography with Mike Fieldhouse
Professional studio lighting DVD lighting masterclass with Jon Gray
Charlie Waite's Travelling Light Photography Masterclass
Location Lighting with Drew Gardner
Introduction to Photography with Karl Taylor
Advanced Digital SLR Photography with Karl Taylor
Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor
Ansel Adams American Experience

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it could cost about £8 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the load would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts

2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that you have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs, with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the 21st May 2011: (18 month wait between 1st and last)

Triggaaar
ScarySquirrel
kenethj (Moved down list as requested)
Geordi69
DpM
FreeloaderJoe
STARRIDER
the doctor199
HornetSting
m18nye
technics100
kman
g4gxl
jockwav
rowla
mtxfiesta
Eighth Avenue
nikonuser
Jeff.B
markyboy.1967
stokes
EOS JD
andiphoto
Kev R
peter r
Hippo_MC
captainjack
brianp55
DSLR
Bucketp
David Getton
Dab
Greedier
Kerioak
johhnypanic
sony53
markrichardson
Keenbfb
mani
Braidy
Woblee

Last edited:
Great stuff, can't wait. Thanks again Ed, really appreciate not only that you're lending these out, but also all the effort you're going to keeping it running.

Box and padding sorted, just awaiting ScarySquirrel's address now.

I have not heard from ScarySquirrel yet so I have swapped him and Triggaaar around on the list to enable me to get the DVDs off tomorrow and start the ball rolling again.

Triggaaar, awaiting your address!

I know it's a wait but can I be added to the list please??

Any chance I could be added to the list please? I don't mind waiting 18 months as by the time my name gets to the top of the list I might have improved enough for these DVDs to make a real difference :)

I have received the DVDs, and I have pm'ed ScarySquirrel for his address.

Thanks Ed!

Posted to ScarySquirrel by RMSD today.

Thanks again Ed, great videos, really appreciated.

Posted on 7th, tracking said it was delivered on the 8th, but Nick doesn't seem to be paying a lot of attention to the threads or his pm.

Hi all, my apologies for the lack of contact and for any inconveniece causes. They did indeed arrive on 8th, very well packaged :)

I am very much looking forward to going through them all this weekend!

Can I confirm that kenethj is the next in line? If so, I'll PM him when confirmed.

Thanks again, and sorry for the delay.

Back